Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Romancing Stikkaga Final Fantasy Stikk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Romancing Stikkaga Final Fantasy Stikk Reply with quote

This is a game I've made using Stickpeople as the people (obviously because I'm lazy.) It's about a Stickman named Stikk who works for a SeeD type facilty called Stikk HQ. His girlfriend and other friends die from Monstera (werewolves, werefoxes, weredragons, etc.) and he goes on a genocidal mission to destroy lots of their race, and kill his lifetime rival Maran, for he rebels against Stikk HQ and produces Monstera from human (he transforms them.) It should be complete by the end of the summer break.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...sounds...interesting...I think...
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a parady of sorts of Final Fantasy, and the fact that you plan on using stick figures shows it won't be very good graphically. Of course, graphics don't make the game, but they do make it better.
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no... *sigh*

This is what I mean when I say that this community needs more originality and authors who take their projects seriously.

Pardon me if that sounds harsh. I may just be one who takes everything seriously.
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Interesting,..... Reply with quote

Stick, figuers...hmmm.... this has me thinking......oh, wait, I lost it!, Anyways, nice idea, I should work on my Game(s) and such...Don't look at me.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, Naga, you're not the only one who's concluded that.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to have good graphical ability to make a good OHR game. However, a little EFFORT would be appreciated. Stick figures don't quite appeal to me.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of Arfenhouse, I won't play an OHR game that looks like Sh*t.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick people? What were you guys smokin' when you came up with that idea??!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and where can we get some?

Nah, just kidding. The only stickfigure OHR game I've ever played was the Bill's Never Go West part of Harlock & Rinku's 48hr game. I never got far into Arfenhouse (I tried it extremely early in the OHR's life and didn't know it was intentionally bad, thus turned away from it and never went back), I never played Stickman With A Chainsaw... Can't say I actually do play that many OHR games, I try to limit myself to the very best and the very worst (for laughs) or those with subjects I like (Bomberman, Bomberman, does whatever, a bomber can...). I'm still smarting from all the ugly games of '97 which prompted me to start W;P1 in the first place just because I wanted to make a game that looked GOOD!

Speaking of which... work decided to pencil Alphaknight in to work today so I'm not gone today like I said I would yesterday. Instead he has tomorrow off (just watch, he comes home tonight and tells me the boss decided to make him work tomorrow, too) so I theoretically can get W;P1 back from Rinku today (he said he'd be done with his part at the end of this month (May... this forum lies about my post being posted in June) and I could get to work on the 50% version... IF HE WERE ONLINE!!!

No one's seen him online in days. I kid you not. Depending on who you ask, he's either working on W;P1, or playing PSX Final Fantasy games. But this doesn't help me at all if I can't get the updated file from him.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making RSFFS with lots of emotion involved, including:

Hatred
Love
Sorrow
and my personal favourite:
Revenge

It's not really a parody, but a little humourous from time to time. Not stupid funny, though, like Scary Movie.
DobyGillis
Like before, but better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Scary movie was kinda stupid. I didn't care for it. The funniness was lost in the insane amount of complete Wayans-brothers (not including Major Payne) idiocy. But good luck to stickgame.... Raspberry! Oookay... :flamedevil: Cool Ha ha ha!

...multiple personalities...

-Barret, FFVII

Doby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't mean to sound harsh, but pretty much the only way a game like this would even be playable is if it was a parody. I can't imagine that you expect a game like this to be taken seriously. Stick figures will not be taken seriously. A game that rips off most of it's title will not be taken seriously. Also, calling monsters "monstera" does not make the game any more original.

Quote:
This is what I mean when I say that this community needs more originality and authors who take their projects seriously.

*applause*
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, Eggie. It doesn't take that much work to make a decent human NPC. Stick figures will not look good in an RPG that is trying to be taken seriously, all it does is ruin a good idea for a story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: