Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Monthly Avatar Contest
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Komera

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: The Monthly Avatar Contest Reply with quote

Sept 19, 2006 edit: New rule! See rule #4.

edit: Just because I've discovered that there are people who really do read these threads from start to finish, I am editing this post with the official rules of the contest. These rules override all versions of the rules posted sporatically throught this thread (even the ones posted two or three replies down).

1. Voting starts on the first of every month, and ends whenever I post the results for the month (which is usually on the last of every month).

2. Anything that shows up as an avatar can be voted for. There are no size or color limits because users have already figured out ways to bypass Castle Paradox's file size limits. You could even vote for a broken image link, if it tickles your fancy. But keep in mind, if you're tempted to use a huge image (animated or not) as your avatar, the majority of votes they have gotten (as of when I type this) have been self votes.

3. You are not limited to only one vote. You may vote for as many avatars as you'd like. However, voting for the same avatar more than once is pointless because I keep track of who has voted for which avatar. You may vote for your own avatar.

4. Any vote that requires me to look at the avatar of every single member of Castle Paradox will be ignored. As of Sept. 19, 2006, there were 1088 members. ONE THOUSAND EIGHTY EIGHT MEMBERS!!! And I had to look at every single one of them. That's not fun, especially since the majority of the latter accounts were created for the sole purpose of increasing search engine results by providing the search engines with yet one more url to look at. Examples of the kinds of votes I will now ignore include "I vote for anything that includes; anything relating to Zelda, feathers, or a pancake" or "A vote for... anyone else who makes their avatar a black and white animation."

5. You may vote using any method that gets the vote to me. Obviously the most common method is to reply to this thread (the rules below state not to do this, but since no one's listened for so freakishly long, the rules have been changed). You may also pm me, email me, reply to my lj, whatever floats your boat.

6. You must have a Castle Paradox account to vote. If you're submitting votes by replying to this thread, then obviously you have an account.

7. I will post the top three vote tallies. If there are ties (especially in first or second place) I will not adjust the next place down. Example: If there are two second place avatars, I will not list the next place down as fourth place, it will be listed as third place.

8. If there are votes for avatars that did not make it into the top three places, I will not post them. Some of the results posts would be gargantuan if I did list every avatar voted for.

Original Post:

The winners for the month of April are:

(cricket chirping)

Thanks to everyone who voted! (bah, why do I even bother?)

SD - Ten creatures remaining.

Last edited by Komera on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Hits thread with a war-hammer. Thread makes a bone-crunching sound.)

Next contest please.
Gaia Paladin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, how do you enter
???

[CNN would like to note that nobody pays attention to any of these at all] --- Thank you for watching CNN
Komera

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaia Paladin: You enter by simply having an avatar. Anyone with an account at Castle Paradox can vote for any avatar they like by emailing/messaging/private messaging me (your choice on method). There is no limit to number of avatars you can vote for, but voting for the same avatar more than once is pointless because I keep track of who's voted for what. If you want to vote via the forum, please don't do it in this thread (there's another thread about the Avatar Contest) as I'd like to keep this one for voting results. And yes, you can vote for your own avatar... sometimes the only avatar worth voting for is your own. At the end of each month I post voting results. I ran a similar contest on the Zantetsuken forum, except it was a year long contest. No one wanted to wait an entire year, so I shortened it to a month for Castle Paradox (that was after I ran a poll to see if anyone wanted me to start up the contest again, which most people said yes to in the thread, but answered the poll with "you're vain, you know that right, gryphon?")

Now, because I won't be online tomorrow (the end of the month), I'm posting May's results today:

Komera - Gryphon Dagger (1 vote)

That's it, ladies and gentlemen! See you next month!

Komera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for... The results for the month of June!

Cube - Close-Up of a Face (1 vote)
Komera - Gryphon Dagger (1 vote)

A last minute vote has made this contest a tie. Thank you very much, see you next month.

Komera

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a day late (it wasn't my fault... it was a powerout because of monsoon season), but here are the results for the month of July:

MultiColoredWizard - Bouncing Breasts (1 vote)
Komera - Supernova (1 vote)

Ta Ta For Now.

MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I wonder why I only got 1 vote.
Cube
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I won once? Cool.

Well, nobody probably even knows this really exists. And they don't know when to vote. Like, from now till you announce a winner next month? Either way, a reminder would be helpful, heh.

The guy in my avatar is Hikaru from the series Hikaru no Go, just so you know Wink. I took it right out of the manga version (Chapter 126 or something), and colored it Big grin.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you resist VIOLENCE MAN?!

I'm gonna blow the crap outta you!!! Ha ha ha! :flamedevil:
Komera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a long absence, i come back to discover there's a vote in my inbox... and i thought everyone had forgotten about it...

winners for may:
mcw (1 vote)

Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and this is more than a year old!
Well, Shadow Eyes current avatar blows the crap outta you even more! (though a bit distracting; maybe put in the sig instead?)
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Avatar is going to tear off your head and shit down your neck.
Lets see...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Avatar will... well... he will fight to the death and take no prisioners!

2nd Edition out now!
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avator is... pink, very pink.
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! My avatar throws candy that blows up and explodes, and is a teaser for a game coming this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 1 of 122

Jump to: