Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

How Rude have we Become?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob360
Rusty Vet

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: How Rude have we Become? Reply with quote

I remeber in the old days there were a couple rude people but now it seems like everybody is! people ask simple question and everyone jumps all over them and then closes there threads because they dont have time to teach on a HELP FORUM!!! *COUGH* CUBE *COUGH* i mean think about we were all dumb at some point and didnt no how to use plotscripting like an actual programming language i remeber when people thought fake plotscripting was impossible... what i am is trying to say is dont post if you have to be an ASS ABOUT IT!!! if some ask for something like a script for shooting an arrow or laser either post it or dont! Dont take the time and bitch about how you need to learn it yourself because for most (like me) they need to look at something first before i can even comprehend how to do it! and i am probably in the top ten plotscripters in ohr to this date(also been here for probably near the longest (even though at times i can figure out stupid shit (thanks blaze)))!

oh and for Loghecktech games heres a freebie on how to shoot a laser out four spaces

first you need to put this in your key pressed handler on each map you want it used
im starting with james simple zelda attack

define script (1,keypressed,none)

global variable(1,attack reference)
define constant(35,Sword NPC ID)

script, key pressed, begin
if (key is pressed (Key A)) then,begin

# if there is already a sword on screen,
# then we do not want to create another
if (check tag (50) == false) then,begin
set tag (50, true)
# initialize the variables to the hero's position and direction
x:=hero X(me)
y:=hero Y(me)
d:=hero direction(me)

# adjust the position depending on direction. We want the sword to
# appear one space in front of the hero
if (d==north) then(decrement(y))
if (d==south) then(increment(y))
if (d==west) then(decrement(x))
if (d==east) then(increment(x))

# create the Sword NPC and store a reference to it
attack reference:=create NPC(Sword NPC ID,x,y,d)
#now i give it life
walk npc (sword Npc Id,D, 4)
wait for npc
#and take that life away and reset the tag
destroy npc (sword npc Id)
set tag (50,false)
end

that should work (key word should i slopped it together if it doesnt pm me and i will give you the one i have at my house)
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Hypocrite. Reply with quote

Listen Bob360, I don't know where you get off harassing other people, but we all mean well and try to be helpful. If you've got a problem with someone, you DO NOT take it on Castle Paradox's forums. I'm sure you're little script helped someone in need, but Cube is doing the best he can, and frankly, CP doesn't need your kind of insulting "help". Try this again and consider yourself banned, Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: