Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Font Package

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Font Package Reply with quote

I've assembled a package of ten fonts I've made for the OHR, which is available for download here.
They're all available for use in games and you don't even need to give me credit in the game Credits. Just don't say YOU made them, heh... I'd also like some feedback on if the fonts look good, if anyone will give me some.
The descriptions of the fonts are as follows:
    1. Analog - A font that makes the letters look like they were on a digital clock, similar to processing fonts like Transistor. Not too hard to read, but is much better for a sci-fi world than a fantasy world.

2. Bold - An incredibly bold font that sticks out too much to be hard to read. A bit cartoonish, I suppose...

3. Cursive - This took me the longest time, and looks like real cursive. Unfortunately, it's very hard to read. If you want to have one or two words or a signature in cursive, you may want to use some letters from this, but I wouldn't suggest it for a whole game. Worth the look anyway; it took me hours to get it to look right.

4. Final - The exact same font as used in Final Fantasy 4. Not surprisingly, it isn't TOO different from the default font, but you can still tell the difference.

5. Granite - There are no curves and very few diagonal lines. Looks a bit blocky (as expected from something with no curves), but is easy to read.

6. Outline - This font looks like 'bubble' letters. Medium difficulty to read, but not nearly as hard as the cursive font. Again, you probably wouldn't want to use it for an entire game.

7. Restrant - Incredibly similar to the OHR font, in fact, only letters with enclosed areas have been edited to look like the inside has a bolder right side than left side. Named because I've seen it on plenty of restaurant names, particularly coffee shops.

8. Story - The main difference here is that all lowercase letters look like smaller version of the uppercase letters, similar to some old storybooks. It's very easy to read.

9. Thin - The opposite of the Bold font, probably. It's uh... thin. It's not actually hard to read, but it is a bit harder than the default.

10. Xavier - Named so because I couldn't think of a name to fit it. It's... weird. That's the only way I can describe it. It's medium difficulty to read, but I think it's easier to read than Outline.

Remember, I'd really like some feedback on these!
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you saying you didn't do a "J" or "Q" because you couldn't find one. Yeah right, all that you had to do is talk to a namingway in Baron or some place >Sad...
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm an idiot, okay? Neutral

What I'm really looking for is comments on the fonts...
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appriciate the effort you went through to make these fonts. I may just have to steal them. Big grin

My only gripe is that there's not a HUGE amount of difference between a few of them. I liked them, though. Not a whole lot of comlaints.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't currently have OHR, so I can't give you my opinion on the actual fonts. However, I would like to say this:

Xavier is Latin for "New House".

Thank you and good night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know that. Heh. I just picked a random name...
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, come on. Please? These actually took me a long time.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might contribute my font, which looks like a general RPG font (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, or the like).
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, Blazes (you evil double-poster!), I would look at your fonts, but I can't without OHR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only double-posted because I REALLY REALLY wanted to. Okay, that's a horrible reason, but it was a day apart and I had only one comment about the fonts... feedback is good. Of course, my best font is the one I'm using for Destiny's Cruelty, but I'm not giving that one away, because it's obviously meant for the Destiny's Cruelty game.
efgeise
the pissed off consumer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DC font looks cool. The money symbol is very wierd. Just to enlighten you from confusion, Blazes and I live near each other.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money sign is different in the DC font because it doesn't use dollars, and no one has seen the font anyway so they have no idea what you're talking about...
efgeise
the pissed off consumer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just telling them that it's wierd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: