Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Monheart's Plotscripting Tutorial
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Monheart's Plotscripting Tutorial Reply with quote

It's finally here! Let's celebrate! or, maybe not, I don't quite have that much time. so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I've spent the last 4 or 5 days remodeling my site completely to be more OHR based. so if anyone would like to submit thier own articles or games, or anything, write me at Monheartgames@hotmail.com Also, do the same if you see any bugs or broken links. Take a look around, there may not be much now, but there's more then articles to look at.

now, about the articles in particular. Most of you will probably think that what I've got so far (lesson 1) is pretty dumb, but keep in mind, that the right mind setting is also essential to doing anything efficiantly. Everything covered in my lessons are for a reason. Aslo, you may notice the unusual structure I chose for this particular article. This is because it allows me to get an idea of what the other person may be thinking and to correct on it. also, "Student" can be anyone, so if there's anything that confuses anyone, write me at the adress above, and I'll edit it for you. I may be lazy, but I do keep my promises, keep that in mind. This is a promise.

here it is.
http://www.geocities.com/pokeheart/index.html

That's my site anyway, but unless you can't read, (which you'd need to be able to do to understand the tutorial anwyay) the articles aren't hard to find. Rolling Eyes
Monheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson 2 is up. if anyone cares Pissed off!
Monheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Lesson 3 Reply with quote

Lesson 3 is up.

This lesson is the stuff that really takes the tutorial off. It begins to explain how complex (Variable) scripting really works. Please check it out. Especially if you haven't yet... witch I don't think anyone here has... At least, I've had absolutely no responce on Castle Paradox and I'm really getting Paranoid about it!
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wha? Who said that?

I can't comment if it helped me, because I already know the stuff... I'm a pretty good plotscripter (at least, in my own mind...). Though not nearly as good as the plotscripting mastahs, I still pretty much understand it all. I'll wait for the really complicated stuff.
efgeise
the pissed off consumer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little confusin for me (mainly because I skimmed it) but it's looking good.
Monheart

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson 4 is up

Although, lesson 4 is real short and most of you probably know it already. I'm just glad it's getting SOME appreciation. Happy
Grandtrain

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial is nice. I would recommend getting rid of the "Monheart say- Student say" approach, though. From what I read, the format doesn’t really add much. The student just goes "ok" and usually don't add anything to the conversation.
Monheart

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I did this approach, is because I actually tought someone how to PS online, and they have brought up some good questions that might help someone else, also, it gives me a medium to add questions from anyone else who might have one who's read the toturial and can't quite understand it. in it's own way, it's more interactive... however, there doesn't seem to be quite enough activity arount it... Neutral
Monheart

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry for not updating weekly like I said before. I guess I got distracted. Anyway, to make up for it, I tried posting the next three lessons. well, I went to log out for a while, but I accidently closed the window instead, and In the time it took me to get back to geocities, somebody had managed to hack my account! they changed my password and secret question, so My tutorial is gone. not completely, but I won't have people going to a site supported by a hacker. Pissed off!
Scyree
BlackSheep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats too bad moonheart... read my newest article on Black Sheep:OHR
http://www.castleparadox.com/bsohr/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Monheart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:flamedevil: BIG MISTAKE SCYREE. You can call me names, you can insult my work, or even beat the crap out of me and send me to the hospital, but NEVER EVER insult TAOMEOW!
Scyree
BlackSheep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you just threaten me? TAOMEOW = shitpile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha...this is quite amusing. Please, go on.
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scyree: I read your article... That's like saying, after someone smashed the lock off my door and robbed my house, that it was my own stupid fault for not installing a bigger lock. Most of the stuff on BSOHR is humorous... so I really hope you meant that article as a joke too. (by the way, add whoever leaked that "Enemy List" to you to my enemy list! That's top secret!... er, I mean, doesn't exist!)

Monheart: Having played Taomeow, let me say I thought it was quite good. Cleverly scripted, creative. You are well qualified to be writing plotscripting tutorials. (but the "threat" post DID sound rather silly)
Scyree
BlackSheep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well James if someone breaks your lock off it IS your fault for not having adequate protection. I personally have an electified fence around the perimiter of my house, and stealthy ninjas patrolling the grounds. Instead of doors I use electo-magnetic forcefields to bar entrance. I feel perfectly safe in my home, and know nobody will be able to break in.

As for BS:OHR being a humor site.. well I think everyone knows the answer to that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: