Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Cancelled Games Removal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Cancelled Games Removal Reply with quote

After reading Shadowiii's first proposal, I looked through the gamelist and noticed a lot of games where the author said that the project was cancelled.

So, in this thread, in order to be fair to the authors, I would like all authors who have games on the gamelist that they would like to be removed (like cancelled projects and such), then let them speak up for themselves, instead of us forcing their projects' removal.

Anyone who has a game that they want removed, please state so in this thread.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose that if a game is cancelled and has no demo, it's just taking up GL space and should be de-listed.
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Moogle's proposal.
honestly...
empty games...
some people may have left and don't bother posting about de-listing the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like my "Spriting Tutorial" removed. There's not really much in there anyhow. Keep FFH-2 on the list though - it has enough to warrant it a place in the list since it actually does have some things worthwhile (the scripts, etc) and a number of reviews. It'd be against the gamelist's purpose to remove a cancelled game even if it does have some gameplay.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very annoying searching through the gamelist for a game to play and finding out that most of them are just screenshots and nothing else. If the entry really means a lot to them, they will come back and repost it when they have some content.
Minnek
Conjurer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always the possibility of having the gamelist default to showing only games with demos/screenshots, and then have the full list available by selecting that option... just a thought. (Hopefully not too much to put together, either, heh.)
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might take this opportunity to point out that it's possible to search the gamelist by it's level of completion. Just go to search up there in the links and it's at the bottom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to mention a couple of games that I would rather not see again... ever.

Chicken Farm: Complete

I hate this game. It's so ugly and repetitive I want it dead. Plus I'd rather have a clean slate for when I get round to making Chicken Farm 2

X2

I also hate this game (plus I deleted the .rpg file on my laptop so the game will never be finished)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of:
The forbidden orb (both of them)
robowarz (if its still there)
William's Oddesy (if its still there)
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, now that I think about it...

Get rid of every single one of my games (except burgertory and Mr arrow's maze magic). They all suck.
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a difference between removing games that are not going to be started and games the have been started but suck Raspberry!

junahu and Dan are obviously getting the two messed up in the meaning...
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like my "Exposing The Unknown" game removed. It was really just practice game to get used to the OHR.

Yah! Go ta hell! :flamedevil:
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junahu wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it...

Get rid of every single one of my games (except burgertory and Mr arrow's maze magic). They all suck.

I presume that if you get a bad review for both of these, or if they don't win the TGC you'll want them down as well? Take Aeth's advice - if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be gamemaking.

Coincidentally I've made some rather bad games myself, and yet they persist on the gamelist. Why? Because I believe the purpose of the gamelist is to be a collection of every OHR game made (with a few exceptions). Were I to remove my games because someone said they weren't good, I and they would be defeating the purpose of its existance. At the very least, upload a zip file with a .txt that says "This game was removed". Walking out like this is probably the worst thing you could do - take a stand, stand behind your works and say "this is what I've made, like it or not"
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXPOSING THE UNKNOWN isn't going anywhere.
Not while it has my review with it.

Also, Junahu, what you did with JANKEN JANKEN was cowardly. You should've at least kept the title on the entry, since it does<?i> have two reviews.

Entries with reviews should stay. FOREVER.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Uncommon here. Deleting of games with reviews should occur at the very least with permission from both the game author and any review authors, if not never.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: