Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Please read and reply! It's for the .hack//OHR game!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Please read and reply! It's for the .hack//OHR game! Reply with quote

I'm making the .hack//OHR game, and I have a request of the general community here at Castle Paradox.

For the server town with the Chaos Gate, I wanted to model it after this community AND its games. Thus, I will use characters from other OHR games (i.e. Housemaster, Monterey Penguin, etc.) to use as wandering players that you can talk to, trade items with, and even recruit in your party. But it doesn't stop here. I wanted to also recruit you game authors, too, along with your characters (I especially address this to you moderators, so I can do the message board with style). Here is what I need as a reply (choose any or all of these):

1) Message Board Post- when the lead player checks the message board before they login, what do you want to say to them? (The posts will change upon each dungeon you complete)

2) Trade item refusal- If you do not want to trade items to the player, what will you tell him?

3) General Speech- What will you say if the player comes and talks to your character identity?

4) Recruit- What do you want to tell the player if you do or do not want to be in the party?

5) (optional) Post up a graphic (hero and/or walkabout) of what you'd like your player to look like and I'll do my best to duplicate it
Try not to use bad language in your comments, `cause I honestly don't like bad language, and I most certainly do not like typing it. If you do use bad language, I will either not use it or rephrase it.
One more thing...if your stuff is not used, please don't take offense. Keep in mind that I am limited to 35 NPCs per map and 40 max party members.
Also, this game is meant to be fun, not tell a story specifically. Thanx a bunch!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it perhaps be better to PM you so it's a surprize for everybody else when you release the game?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun idea, Setu!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll PM you with my ideas.
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, good idea. I really hope you go through with it (secretly, I always wanted a place in OHR Battle). I'm not too keen on making my own graphics, but I'll see what I can do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you expand? For some of those things we might need some more info. Like what they say on the message board, we wouldn't know anything they would say of any relevance to other posts or to the world at all. Or should we just give you the general idea of their personality and you make their posts relevant while keeping them in their own personality?
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't 100% clear on the explanation.
The message board will be read by you before you log on to the World (when you start a New Game or Quit Playing or die). After each sidequest or whatever you do is completed, a tag will be switched on that will change the message.
What I want from you guys is if you want to advertise a side quest or something or if you just wanna make a stupid comment or whatever you feel like you'd put on a message board.

By the way, Squall, PMing the stuff would probably be the best idea!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd basically just be someone who wanted to join the player's party just because I have nothing much else to do. If the player lets me, I'll just say, thanks, and join. If the player doesn't let me, I'll be annoyed, but I'd just say, "OK then. Fine by me," and disappear. I'd wield a sword, and go ahead and make me look like whatever.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... who, out of my dozens of potential characters, should I use?

Kyle makes the most logical choice. I will send sprites presently, along with information regarding this project.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. My post got NUKED.

Anyway what I said was you should probably name it something else. It sounds like an original idea, however, calling it .hack//anything is taking the name from another thing, and...it takes away from the originality.

Of course, if its going to be almost EXACTLY like .hack//infection you might as well call it .hack//OHR. (Like Final Fantasy H)

Oh yes, I have hero graphics/sprites. If you want a sample see my entree to the Spiriting Contest the Second. Its Stop from Stop, a game that is going nowhere. %^#$in school.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh...it IS called .hack//OHR.
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said "you might as well" I didn't mean that wasn't the original title; I ment that trying to show my exasparation.

Or something.

Uh yeah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: