Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Please review Logan's Adventures. Please? Anybody?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loghecktech
OHR Master

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Please review Logan's Adventures. Please? Anybody? Reply with quote

I would really appreciate it if someone would review Logan's Adventures. Please?
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move this to the review boards, please.
Loghecktech
OHR Master

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was for commenting on the reviews your game were given. I guess I was wrong. sorry
Loghecktech
OHR Master

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleeeeeeaaaaaase review "Logan's Adventures". Please?
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop spamming...

You do realize that often times a review takes at least a day to get up, right? Here are a couple of reasons why:

A. A good review takes time to write. I generally spend at least 3 hours on a typical Castle Paradox review, which is why I don't write reviews that often.

B. I'm not browsing the site 24/7, and I'm not at my computer 24/7 to check the site to accept reviews, so reviews may not get accepted for as long as 24 hours after they are submitted. CN is able to check at times when I am not, but even then it may take a while.
HI.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Aeth. Have you played Logan's Adventures? I posted this earlier, in response to another thread of this nature started by Chalupa (that is, Logan's other account).
Ahem.
me wrote:
Well, I had a review of LA ready to go, but the screenshots wouldn't upload, so I deleted it . . . you prolly wouldn't want to see it anyway, it wasn't a very good review.
But I can give you the gist of it here:
There seemed to be no definite storyline in the game. This was a problem. One minute, I was reading something about Mars, the next somthing about the Eliminator Logan, and then I'm in his house with some sort of unexplained mission to go on. Thus, I was forced to wander around aimlessly the rest of the time. The one long "story" sequence that existed was a bit incoherent, but I gather that the girl sees Logan naked, and Logan kills her for it. Which is not really a good thing, unless the main character is evil. The graphics were . . . not good. I can't really say it any nicer. They were ugly, lacked shading, and for the most part were decidedly uninspired. The battle graphics were ripped from Wander Hamster, which is bad. The one battle that could be fought was incredibly unbalanced - every attack did the same damage no matter what.
The good points were the incorporation of the run key and the sprite-changing scripts, which people seem to have trouble with. But those were only a few good points out of many bad ones. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I really wouldn't recommend continuing Logan's Adventures. Overall, the game seemed like a "test game," where you were testing all your plotscripts and such. Such games shouldn't be released. Figure out a story, at least, then make sure your game has some coherent playable content (shoot for around 20 minutes at least) before releasing it.

That's about what I thought of it. Honestly, that game doesn't have enough content to warrant a review. It's like a tech demo, except without the tech. Sorry, dude, but Logan's Adventures outright sucked. I mean, I can't see how you think such a "game" is ready for release, of if it ever will. You NEED to playtest. That means play your own game ALL THE WAY THOUGH, make sure it makes sense, has no horrible bugs, and is at least somewhat enjoyable. Your game has none of those qualities. There's only one game worse, and that's Way of the Warrior.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three hours? It's never taken me more than one and a half, sometimes only 30 minutes if I don't care about the game and just want to write a quicky review.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfenix

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reviewed it. Hope you're satisfied. I think I'll hang myself now.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon: Yeah, it usually takes me that long, but it's a process of writing it, proofreading it, revising it, and then rewriting it. It takes me a little while to do all that but then the end product is more quality.
OHR Master

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djfenix wrote:
I reviewed it. Hope you're satisfied. I think I'll hang myself now.

Thanks for your review.
djfenix

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... I dont think it made the cut...

It was a bad review anyways...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: