Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Adam West's personal seal of approval!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I the man or am I the man?
You da man!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
You da man!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Who else?
Meryl Streep?
Komera

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What do you losers have to say to that? I don't see Zelda Dojingeemu getting that kind of recognition from Mr. Miyamoto!

We don't shove incomplete games under Miyamoto's nose. We're smarter than that.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Batman vs. Superman in The Dark Knight Returns is the best battle between two superheroes of all time. For one, these two are iconic. They both have a place in the mind of every single human being I've ever met. I mean, my room mates baby son has seen my Bats and "S" shirts even. And it's also the only "honest" fight where Superman gets pulverized. I consider it more honest than the Superman dies storyline because that was a ratings booster, the Bats Supes fight was an honest protrayal of the inevitable: Superman is coerced into working for the government, when Gordon is too old to be a cop he retires, and the new commish don't take too kindly too vigilantes. Likewise, Ronald Reagan doesn't much care for Batman's leading the whole world into a frenzy of anti opression, so he sends good ol' Kent to take him down.

It's a powerful scene on every level. First is melodramatic, if you can't enjoy the action of Bats vs Superman, you don't like action. Then is drama, which is that Bats and Superman both grew old together, they're both the top experts in their field, they have an uneasy but very close friendship. And I think the best part is that Superman is second only to God and The Sun when it comes to destructive power, and Batman is only a man. With nothing but his fists, Batman, a 55 year old man with a heart condition and three broken ribs, beats the ever loving crap out of him, and only refrains from killing him thanks to a heart attack.

The Dark Knight Strikes Again has a rematch, but it's a bit disappointing. It's more like "Every superhero in the world uses Superman as a punching bag after barraging him with kryptonite and then Batman slaps him silly with krypto boxing gloves that are bigger than he is" and then Superman goes to his ice fortress to mope about gettin' his ass whomped on.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Adam West... Reply with quote

once spoke at Weber State College in Ogden, Utah (before it was a university) and I guess he asked my mom to dance and then got a bit too friendly so she told him to get lost! I guess if my mom wasn't such a religious type, I could have been the bastard child of Batman. Ha!

Just thought I'd throw that in, not sure why any of this matters, though. Celebrities are just people who were in the right place to make the right connection at the right time. It's all who ya know, man! Tee hee.

About "Zelda: Dojingeemu", I checked that out, Komera, and am quite impressed with what you've done so far, but since there is no death script implemented, I came to a battle where I couldn't take the enemies out and then it sent my computer into an endless loop! Really confused So is that what you are working on now? Also, is anything going on with Wingedmene now? Not sure if this is where to post that question, but I'm curious, darn it!

---Tamaria
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

oops!! Sorry!

Last edited by Tamaria on Mon May 26, 2003 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

not sure what happened there, it told me there was a problem with the e-mail and then put the post there anyway...(3 times! aargh!)

Last edited by Tamaria on Mon May 26, 2003 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Zelda Dojin is quite attractive but I don't ggrasp the concept. So far it seems like Zelda with prettier GFX and annoying RPG style battles (Sorry, but I think FF6 was the only game ever with fun RPG style battles). I won't say that RPG battles have no place in Zelda though (not individually I mean, I don't think they really have a place hardly anywhere); a top down adventure series that accepts part two of the series being a platformer is ready for anything. But I'd rather see an entirely new Zelda game from you and Rinku than part one redux. Of course it's nothing more than a tech demo right now, so we'll see what I think when it's finished.

Basically what I'd like to see from you and Rinku is a new type of genre (Which IS possible on OHR, see Help Wanted, Scary Game (Though it's basically a single player party game)). If Rinku hopes to eventually be the best game artist in the world then I want to see what new genres he can invent. Miyamoto invented video games in general really, Kojima invented stealth, Hironobu didn't invent RPG's, but he did come up with the brilliant character specific gameplay of FF6, what's-his-name made Parrapa, and Rockstar made GTA, which isn't a crime simulator! It's a career simulator. It isn't really a crime simulator anymore than Zelda is a chicken beating simulator. I've heard Rinku criticize it but he really needs to play it. A future game maker not playing this is like a future film maker who doesn't know who Spielberg is.

I spend most of my GTA playing time as a paramedic dropping people off at the hospital because Bringing Out the Dead is one of my favorite movies, and my room mate spends most of his time delivering pizzas. The game is whatever the player wants it to be. If you play it and still think it's violent then you're just a violent person. The game is exactly as violent as the player wants it to be. To me it's a game about saving lives and putting out fires and listening to awesome 80's music.

So how did we get this off topic?

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: