Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Adam West's personal seal of approval!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I the man or am I the man?
You da man!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
You da man!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Adam West's personal seal of approval! Reply with quote

Some of us make fan games, and some of us make games that are loved by the people who's work they are based on. Kids, I got friends in high places. I don't know if any of you chaps have heard of a man name of Adam West? A little old show called Batman ringing any bells in that undersized noggin of yours?

Well boys and girls, I went to the official Adam West batman website, which took some serious detective work to find (altavista), and I see myself a little link reading 'Batmail'. "Oh what's this?" I hear you say? Adam West's personal email address? You bet your life sonny jim.

So I send along a little email saying that I love the show and such, and I include somewhere in there a link to my game on the game list. Well I tell you what, Mister West must've been surfin' the net on his home Bat computer at that very moment, because not one hour later I go to check my mail and what do I see but this-

awest@adamwest.com- Thank you!

An email from the great Batman? But wait, there's more! I click on the link and open this piece of email up, and this is what it says my friends, I shit you not...

"We have forwarded your message to Batman."

What do you losers have to say to that? I don't see Zelda Dojingeemu getting that kind of recognition from Mr. Miyamoto!

EDIT: Mister Fenrir Lucas, you may have 800 hits on FFH, but let me ask you what's more important: A bunch of losers playing your game? Or perhaps the only person who ever meant anything to television and film acting in the history of the world and whom will surely be remembered for his fine work for years to come? Yeah well Joey Lawrence of Blossom fame didn't play either of our games, so tough!

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gasp! A flame!

(Sidesteps fireball, MCW gets hit by it instead, explosions, decapitations, and mayhem ensues)

Ahem... Adam West is the only person (aside from Michael Keaton in my opinion) who could do an almost flawless portrayal of Batman. I congradulate you on this achievement!

And FFH will one day fall from the #1 slot, no doubt about it. Closest competition is Arfenhouse3 and Motherland, with Dimesions1 not too far behind. If it's not one of those three that topples it, I would honestly be surprised. Granted, there's a 600 point distance between #1 and #2, but there's legitimate reasons behind it. Actually, I'd personally like to see one of those three overtake it, and bring it down a few pegs.

We're forgetting one minor thing though... if we actually counted up the number of times Wandering Hamster was downloaded, it'd be at LEAST 10,000 or so.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to point out that when it comes to keyword searches, Final Fantasy H is our biggest hitter. You might also notice searching for Final Fantasy H brings up a link to FFH's game page. Not only is it found, but it's the second link on most of the search engines I've checked. FFH has brough in over 130 hits this month alone via search engines.

Also, our 2 highest entry pages (meaning accessed via a link or directly but not through any Castle Paradox pages), apart from the main page and forum index:

Arfenhouse:
castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=94 with 335 hits this month.

FFH - Normal Type:
castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=37 with 273 hits this month.

Motherland is 3rd with 171 hits and IMD is 5th with 61. The gamelist itself is #4.

Just some useless info you might not have wanted to know Wink

Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Batman and all, but I didn't watch it... IM, how did you get those stats though? I wanna have a gander at some of those!

*Double takes* DEAR GOD FENRIR, ARE YOU BACK?
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still around. Sort of. I keep poking my head into the IRC chatroom to see if anyone notices me, but... nobody responds. Thellos was kind enough to let me use his computer until mine is fixed.

Lusky Husky!!

Thellos wrote:

Anyway, that's pretty impressive what with all the numbers and all. Arfenhouse and FFH really ARE generating most of the hits around here. Of course, I also linked to it from the official Hamster Republic site...

And I've noticed that we seem to be getting a lot of attention from various news media recently. RPGamer, FFFanatics, Adam West, and now the New York Times? Looks like somebody's prediction was right, a few exceptional games, and our "community" actually gets some recognition. who knows? Game companies may start recruiting from our ranks one day. Lot of people WOULD like that, I'm sure.
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah apologies... I was asleep when you came to the chatroom, Fenrir.

Friend,
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A message forwarded to Batman! My older brother would kill you to get that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*Double takes* DEAR GOD FENRIR, ARE YOU BACK?

::Seth

Heh, seems so! Great! It appears Fenrir and I have similar leaving methods; we try to go but get SUCKED BACK IN. Ha ha ha!
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE! UPDATE!

Well folks, I opened up my electronic mail box today and what did I find? Why nothing short of some rock solid evidence that Mister Adam West, Batman himself, absolutely loves my game from beginning to end! Did he send you an email you ask? Why no, that's how I can tell he loves it! Think about it, when you first played through Final Fantasy 7 did you take breaks to write emails? I bet you didn't even take many to go pee did you? Because I didn't, and I ruined a damn fine pair of khakis thanks to that game. Anyways, old Batbrain (As his friends call him) loves the game, and we can only assume that he's replaying it yet again by this time. You see, when people have a connection like me and Batman, we don't use words to communicate anymore. He sends the right signals just by writing nothing!

Yes, Batman and I, we were truly meant for each other. Best friends forever and ever and ever. The neighbors call me up and they say "There's too much noise it's three am don't you ever want to go to bed?" And I say "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!" And they say nothing because that's what dead people say. nothing. That is how it happens. when you are not understanding my relationship with Batman. But it is okay. because Batman understands me. Batman is a detective. Batman understands everyone.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD THAT IS INCREDIBLE

You should go after Dundee next.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion can be summed up in two words:
Batman sucks!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JSH357

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be a Clark Kent supporter!
Die, cretin!
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really liked any of the DC comic superheros... they were all way too stereotypical and they had stale personalities. Except for Batman. That's probably the only DC hero I'll ever think is good... and Superman is... so stereotypical he IS the stereotype.

EDIT: But still, I hate Robin.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman's a pansy.
Batman's freakin' awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Paul Hogan 'Crocodile Dundee'?
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: