Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What inspires <i>your</i> stories?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: What inspires <i>your</i> stories? Reply with quote

My ideas about RPG storylines started out as merely mimics of other RPGs I'd played, with a blend of my own ideas. Now, I find I am inspired by ordinary life. In fact, the more I learn about the world, the more rich my storyline develops. I wasthinking to myself, now, I wonder if other game designers are inspired by everyday life, their dreams, fears, etc...okbye.[/i]
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stories (the one I imagine, anyway) are inspired by video games and anime. Characters like Kenshin Himura and Vash the Stampede are the role models behind Pis (you don't know who that is? Read the "Language of the Mind" thread). Most of the story events I think up are hypothetical situations to challenge various philosophies, and character development tends to fit with each decision. For example, if a person somehow became a monster, some people would want him confined until they can change him back, and others would want to put him out of his misery. The true hero (not necessarily the main character) tends to be the mouthpiece for the author's ideas and philosophy, though there are some games with no such character. Those that don't have one tend to have no plot, a somewhat tragic plot, or a humorous one.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My darker stories are inspired by a desire to hurt the audience in a healing way, like bactine, or straightening a broken bone. Some of them are inspired by titties.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, anime inspires me to want to create a story. As far as story ideas, though, I'll just decide what kind of story I want to shoot for, and the idea just comes to me. From there, I develop it with Chaz and when we get it to a good point, then I start on the game.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a person to work for, or work with inspires me ten-fold more than other inspiration, for me...

if i work by myself, i get half the game done (demo-wise), then that games dies altogether.
graphics is what pulls me away from working, i like it sure... but "too much of a good thing is bad" is what terms this feeling...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHC wrote:
Quote:
What inspires your stories?

Mescaline.

Haw.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for an unwritten story called Silver Plated Desert Eagle (which was first called Urban Fantasy, I might still change the name.) I started out ripping a lot of stuff off from the Final Fantasy series. Then, I remade a lot of the story, and very little was ripped off after. Music, even though not implemented into the stories, has an affect on the way I write.

Once I heard Kelly Rowland's Stole, I had to put a school shooting into the story. Why? It shows a lot of character for the start of the story for Lance (Previously known as Eggie.)

I heard Hey Ya!, and that sounded to me like a victory-type song, so that would have to be at the end of the story, and everything at the end of the story would be happier.
Ssalamanderr
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I generally make up a world first, something with a strange enviroment, and then decide what the characters in that environment would be like, and what they would do. I'm also inspired by anime, video games, books, sometimes even real life. Razz

PS: Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for months... No my game is still not finished...or playable.

Ukelele no good!
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stories are just plain impulsive. This explains why I'm a single cell pathogen.

[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
[stimulus/response]
Conjurer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stories seem to just "come to me", but when I turn around and look through them, they're mostly a hazed reflection of my life in a way. A lot of the events that happen in them can even be directly linked to events in my past, and characters to certain sides of myself. It's strange 'cause it all happened subconsciously though. (Also, the characters always end up with seven or eight letters in their names. I don't know how. "Twilight", "Partisan", "Pandoran"... and some more to come, too. XD)

Oh, that reminds me... I need to rename "Kendallar" to a name more appropriate. XD
Leonhart

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get some of the usual plots in your normal RPGs.

There's an evil man trying to destroy the world...
There's a sword that you must get in order to slay the dragon...
The king has been kidnapped...

Then I just try to make them more interesting by adding a few more twists. Ha ha ha!
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... The Minnek... Just short of 7 letters.

Anywho, most of my story ideas (which NONE of you have really seen... Not even YOU, Minnek... Excluding Cryzekia Lore.) come to me when I am dreaming. Strange that I can remember the dreams after I wake up, no? Don't answer that... Also when I see an event and ask myself, "What if..." I hope this helps and isn't just rambling.

Character ideas start out as pretty hokey, then they get better as I implement characters into the stories. You know; what they do, identity, usefullness are important factors to me. If a character just appears in one scene, it's either a joke, or something unneeded.

Design for character come from clouds, carpet, ceilings with patterns, and sometimes the trees themselves. Perhaps that is why my characters look so distorted... But distorted is COOL!

PS: Good to see you again, No_Shot. Razz

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Quinn

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im back, sort of. Well i get my ideas from lots of different places. One example is TV (movies, anime) also when i go to somewhere very secluded and natural (like a mountain or forest) ideas start springing at me. But really you could get them from anywhere.

Game Progress:
Emoticons-25% graphics(75%), story(50%)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: