Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Empire of Darkness Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do You Think So Far?
Great
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Below Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

NeoRicen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Empire of Darkness Series Reply with quote

I talked about this on Renzokuken but now I'm gonna 'Announce' it here at Castle Paradox.
----------------------
The series goes over 9 Episodes, each Episode takes place at the same time just from a different persons point of view. I previously said the game would take place over 24 hours but now I am doubting this will happen.
----------------------
Each time you advance a stage (Every 10 Levels) you get to choose the next Job/Class you want to advance to, each class has unique abilities, weapons and temporary abilities.
----------------------
Temporary Abilities are abilities that can only be used once and only during the duration of 1 stage. For example A Water Attack Temporary ability can only be used by an Advanced Mage and when the character advances stage they will lose the ability so you must think before teaching a character a temporary ability.
----------------------
Battles are much much faster than other games but not overly difficult so battles are fun rather than a boring part of the game like some games' battles are.
----------------------
Not Overly Linear, of course it's linear but you have plenty of freedom and time to explore huge villages etc.
----------------------
Mercanaries, done plenty of times before but they are in this game too.
----------------------
MUSIC Composer needed, someone good and willing to Compose for nothing but their name in the credits. PM Me if you accept.
----------------------

At some point in the game u gotta fight all these guys, plus theres some guys up the back. Raspberry!

Well?

A Battle...duh!
----------------------
Whaddaya Think? Post all comments in this topic and if you have something to say, say it.

Last edited by NeoRicen on Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your walkaround graphics look very well done. Your enemy and hero graphics are above average as well.

Having a story from nine points of view is an interesting idea, but won't people get bored of the story around the fourth person? Or does it continue, just from a different person's point of view?

Music...eh? I write music and have a rather large collection of mine and various other artists on my comp...however, you probably can find some people willing to give you free music. Try that free music site on the Hamster Republic page, or ank Aaron Waltz if you can borrow music.

Would you mind telling us more about the story? I'm curious now.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Big grin Your idea sounds interesting. Sir Lionheart, our music composer, may help you out with some music. If you want to know the kind of music he writes, check out anyone of the Neo Krysta games. All of that music is original.
Personally, I thought he did the best job with NK3, but check it out, and e-mail him at:

Skye_Rakudo@otakumail.com

if you decide to.

P.S. Don't forget to announce the game's release when you finally do get it out!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Temporary Abilities are abilities that can only be used once and only during the duration of 1 stage. For example A Water Attack Temporary ability can only be used by an Advanced Mage and when the character advances stage they will lose the ability so you must think before teaching a character a temporary ability.

I like that idea; it makes it to where people should plan when to level up.

Last edited by MultiColoredWizard on Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
NeoRicen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu_Firestorm wrote:
>Big grin Your idea sounds interesting. Sir Lionheart, our music composer, may help you out with some music. If you want to know the kind of music he writes, check out anyone of the Neo Krysta games. All of that music is original.

Checking that music would be bad because I can play BAM but it is really low quality and all messed up. If I emailed him could I get MIDI versions or was it done in NOTATE.

PS: Thanks for the feedback guys Big grin
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, bam is always low quality regardless. :flamedevil:
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he writes them as MIDIs and uses MIDI2BAM to translate them for the games. For an easy fix, the MIDI soundtrack to NK3 is actually on the Realmsoft site, at:
http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/realmsoft/games/neo_krysta_3/soundtrack.html
If this URL is wrong, then just go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/realmsoft/index.html and look for the game on the Games page (Neo Krysta III: The Guardian War).
These aren't all the pieces for the game, but they are the best ones thus far.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NeoRicen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Having a story from nine points of view is an interesting idea, but won't people get bored of the story around the fourth person? Or does it continue, just from a different person's point of view?

*some small spoilers*
Each person comes from a different place and sees different things and each character is involved in sepearate events which all come together in Episode 9.
So really its NOT the same game just with a separate character, basically 8 BIG events are happening and each episode is from the perspective of a person involved in each of these events.
Hope that clears things up.
NeoRicen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAME PUT ON HOLD:
Story getting a makeover
Working on another game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: