Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A reviewer's challenge!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: A reviewer's challenge! Reply with quote

Now I know most of you just pick a game randomly off the newest addition's list for your reviews, but this week, I'd like to issue a challenge to all of you out there who consider yourself real reviewers. Or hell, all of you who want to support great games. Pick a game off the "Highest Average Grades" list and give it a review. Why? Because in my opinion, some of those games don't deserve to be up there. Maybe my standards of what makes an A game are too high, but I know that this week, I'll be reviewing one of those games and knocking it right off it's pedestal. Now, maybe you'll play one of these games and decide it deserves it's top spot. Well good. Your review will help keep it there, but me, I'm aiming to keep the top of the list for the really great games out there. So come on, join me and review a game that you feel has been placed too highly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept your challenge! Go Bulbasaur... Oopps. Wrong place. Anyways, I think it's a great idea. That way creators don't get too thick headed and think, oooh look at my game, it's on the highest average grade place. That must mean I'm so cool. Well I doubt you all think that. But this is a good idea. I will have to pick one. Hehe.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a comment on this...

Just because CN said that some games in the A grade don't deserve it doesn't mean that you should start giving games bad grades just to please him, or "do justice to them," so to speak. If a game deserves to be up there, don't give it an A- when you think it deserves an A just to suck up appease someone. Some games deserve to be up there are aren't, some games are up there and don't deserve it, but there are still some that probably deserve to be up there.

So, yeah. Don't down grade because some one tells you too. When reviewing the game, be unbiased. If you still think the game deserves an A, GIVE IT THE A. DONT CHANGE YOUR OPINION TO MAKE SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY.

Other then that, it is a good idea. Go for it. Smokin'
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept. I'll be writing my review this week and putting it up this week. I'll post back here when I've finished it.
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii, I already covered your point in my post-
"Now, maybe you'll play one of these games and decide it deserves it's top spot. Well good. Your review will help keep it there..."

I'm all for keeping great games up on top, but most of the top entries have one review, which tells me that the game is up there not because it's great, but because no one else has bothered to review it.

Now, for your insubordination for commenting and not joining our crusade, I hereby forcibly recruit you into the this challenge! You have until the end of this week to write your review! Mwhahaha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, poop. Smokin'

Follow Up: Well, I did my duty and reviewed Blu Eternal. Can I go home now?
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... I was gonna review that GAME!!! *CURSES!* Well, I will try and review something soon off that list.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Shadowiii. And the irony of your review knocking Blu Eternal down so that your game Pitch Black now appears on the top 5 list is immensely entertaining. I bet you would have reviewed one of the top games earlier if you knew that was going to happen, eh?
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii: Uh oh, you shouldn't have said that...

Inner Shadow: Yes, yes! Give them all bad reviews, my precious! Then we will takes the top spot from it, my love!

Shadowiii: But CP is our friend! Our friend...

Inner Shadow: You have no friends! Buts you needs your game to be on the tops of the list and you'll have friends, my precious, my love. Thatsss why you makess games, for rewards and to make friendsess!

Shadowiii: Not! Never!

Inner Shadow: Thatss what you voteses for on the OHR Weeklysss poll, yes precious, yes!

Shadowiii: Did not!

Inner Shadow: Did to!

Shadowiii: Wait, if you are inner shadow, are you just supossed to say "Hell Yeah" and stuff? Why are you like Gollum's corruption to Smegol?

Inner Shadow: Shuts up, youses! Weses in you, you figure it out! Now makes the reviews, or wesses get angry, my precious!

Shadowiii: Oh drat, uh...hey look! Raw fish!

Inner Shadowiii: Hell yeah!

Shadowiii: Whew...
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reviewing RRRRPG. I can't believe that stinker managed to stay up on the list as long as it did. If the rest of you who volunteered to join this crusade manage to complete it, maybe we could have Review Challenge's more often and give this complete what-for!
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual. Both of you guys have written good reviews that went straight to the point. I personally dispised RRRR RPG, and didn't know when I completed it. So I am happy that CN managed to take the game down. As for Shadowiii's review. Great as usual. As for the dialog he just wrote in his more recent post.... Disturbing... Yet funny.
Mr B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Nyte wrote:
And the irony of your review knocking Blu Eternal down so that your game Pitch Black now appears on the top 5 list is immensely entertaining.

Shadowiii wrote:
Shadowiii: Uh oh, you shouldn't have said that...

Inner Shadow: Yes, yes! Give them all bad reviews, my precious! Then we will takes the top spot from it, my love!

*recollects an e-mail Shadowiii sent him a little while ago discussing the temptation to do just that*

*says nothing, but smirks* Ha ha ha!
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was going to try and review Babel, but the first fight I got into put me into an infinite battle loop. Every time I kill the enemies another fight starts. How the hell did this get an A? O_o
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr B-

Shadowiii: He he, I remember that.

Inner Shadow: He knows to much! Killss him, precious! Kills him!

Shadowiii: What? No!

Inner Shadow: Yousss right, firsst we leads him to...Her...

Shadowiii: What? Her? What the heck are you talking about?

Inner Shadow: Then we will get it back...precious, we will get it back, nasty meddling game designers...

Shadowiii: I still have no idea what you are talking about. Who is Her?

Inner Shadow:...

Shadowiii: Out with it!

Inner Shadow:...Yo Momma!

Shadowiii: Sweet mother of...

Iblis - It's called random encounters. XD Just kidding. I actually got that bug the first time I played it, but I managed to avoid it the second time around...
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I actually got that bug the first time I played it, but I managed to avoid it the second time around...

Okay, if it's just that one NPC that causes it, then I'll probably still review it. It'll most likely get an automatic F though for an inexcusable bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: