Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Walkabout Contest
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Walkabout Contest Reply with quote

If you were a walkabout in an OHR game, what would you look like?

Rules-
Contest ends next Saturday.
Your submission has to be importable into an OHR game.
One entry per screen name.
I would prefer facing south, but just no north facing pics.
All entries are subject to a possible cameo in one of my games, provided the entrant gives his/her express permission.

Last edited by Raekuul on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in other words, you want to make a community game, and are trying to dupe us all into submitting pictures for you? REAAAAAAAAL Smooth.
Artharol
Procedural Nutcase

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Something shiny. Reply with quote

Here, I'll help you out.

I'd be a shiny walkabout. Something springy, and maybe a little sleeky. Uh, what I mean to say is, I like the animé style walkabouts; you know, the kind where you can show some emotion with the character. Some people try to make their walkabout graphics almost "realistic", and I don't think, personally, that it works out too well.

In terms of your "contest", though, I'm not going to be submitting any walkabout characters unless you amend the clause in your contest rules regarding possible cameos. I'd like to reserve all rights to any submissions I may make, insofar as appearances in OHR games.
Komera

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be a gryphon, thank you very much.

hmm, should i enter? let me think about this. (no pause) um... no.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite contest of this variety was a music contest where the winner(s) would be featured in a game by the host.

And now I'll start a similar contest: Make a great game. The winner will have the honor of myself putting my name on the game and pretending I was the one who made it.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I enter Don't Push The Button!? By the way, I would look like an engorged penis in any OHR Game worth it's salt (At least I hope it's salt!) . I shall draw my entry and send it you personally.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you mean that by submitting an entry, you'd utilize them in a future game? Some people may not enter just because of this. Could you clarify this for us?
Artharol
Procedural Nutcase

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Agreed. Reply with quote

I agree; a clarification of the rules would be greatly appreciated. A clause-by-clause declaration of the regulations would put some people's minds at ease, regarding the future utilization of submissions.

Wow... "clause-by-clause" sounds really boring though, lol — almost legislative.
Fernurion
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may enter this. It would be easy seeing as I stole the name of my main character for use as a screenie. Basically He is a necromanic (is that a real word?) bad guy with a big crossbow. Before i start, I would also like to see some more rules, as well as a guarantee that the sprites will not be used without the owners permission.
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By entering the contest, you're giving him permission. Which is why you shouldn't enter the contest with anything serious. Give him pictures of hot dogs, bunny rabits and genitalia.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a trick contest anyhow. I'm already in more OHR games than anyone but the heroist bunch (Fyre included here), some of which are my own. OHRer's Noel -- there, that's my entry.
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guilty party (Raekul and or friends) pretty much faltered on his/her (their) scheme when he/she (they) stated that it must be able to be imported. A better approach would have been to say what dimensions he/she (they) needed, and use what would have been given from there. This contest may even have taken off, if things had been carried out differently. However, releasing the game to the public would have also had dire consequences. Either way, it doesn't look good for Raekul(s). I suggest further action be taken later. Let someone else host a contest similar to this in the future.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernurion wrote:
I may enter this. It would be easy seeing as I stole the name of my main character for use as a screenie. Basically He is a necromanic (is that a real word?) bad guy with a big crossbow. Before i start, I would also like to see some more rules, as well as a guarantee that the sprites will not be used without the owners permission.

a necromaniac is someone with sexual desires for the dead. i hope this wasn't the word you were looking for.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komera wrote:
a necromaniac is someone with sexual desires for the dead. i hope this wasn't the word you were looking for.

Actually, necromaniac isn't a word either. You're thinking Necrophiliac, Komera.

The word you were looking for is necromantic, Fernurion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: