Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Notice - Read before posting in this forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Notice - Read before posting in this forum Reply with quote

With the recent barrage of useless comments posted, I've decided that it is time to take preventive measures. Obviously this is getting tiring. If you don't have anything to say other than smartass one-liners, don't post it. Violate this and you will be banned permanently from this forum. Also, if you don't like the criticism being given to you, you either take it or you don't. Attacking the critics because they've deflated your ego will result in a permanent ban.
This is a one-strike rule, once you're banned you're banned forever. There is no negotiation.

Friend,
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this against one-liners that are insulting like durandurel posted, or the "Oh this looks pretty good" posts that aren't reallyharmful but have no value anyways?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is mostly directed to demeaning one-liner comments. I don't tolerate bashing, that's all. "Oh this looks pretty good" comment is okay, but please refrain from saying just "cool."

Friend,
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend: You have a hot avatar.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this is late, but I think even saying things like "cool" is pretty inspiring, because we want to inspire people to get better by doing more. Saying things like "God, that sucks", well I have yet to see any of that. Also, if anyone kept that up enough he is asking for a ban. Thank you for letting me explain it to myself and anyone else who doesn't get it.

Am I right? Neutral

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say something was cool, just be sure that isn't all you say.

Ex:

"Friend, your avatar is cool."

vs

"Friend, your avatar is cool. I really like what you've done with the hair part and the curls next to the ear."

The second part was not even wonderful critique; it was just me stating the obvious, but it sure was better then the first comment.
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note on etiquette when posting. Not a rule, but something to think before posting.

If you absolutely feel the need to express your message by being harsh because, well, I guess because it's trendy to be an arrogant prick these days. Do so with the intention of making the constructive criticism first, and being a jackass second.

If you absolutely feel the need to devastate the "artist" with your superiority complex and mammoth-sized ego... I would suggest that you buy a punching bag and lob your tantrum there (I heard that masturbation works like wonders too.)
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brought on this one?
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully not me, because I never insulted eggie in that post(and if I did, then it was unintentional). In fact, I was giving him good advice(which in reality he possibly didn't know he was conciously doing by keeping up with trying to make his art better)
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say just PM the harshness and critique in the thread so that we hear what is good and what can be changed and then you still get to let out some anger, but then I realized that might be considered pointless.

And then I realized that I just said it Oookay...
/me Isn't funny...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ultimadiablo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: ok. Reply with quote

So basically your tryin to get across.

If you have nothin nice or at least constructive to say about someones opion/work or anythin else, restrain from typin that Phrase which will put you in someones graces.

Be constructive, Be nice but please people please....

Dont be Cruel,Harsh,Egotistical,Pig Headed, Flight Winded, Teste, Over-Willing, Hypocritical, Noobish (Yes Noobish not N00bish) and plain all stupid+1000 other things.

Im pretty sure this forum was set up in the idea of most others. We want nice people who can control there tongue or hands, have 'CONSTRUCTIVE' and i mean 'CONSTRUCTIVE' critiscim.

Being mean just makes more people mean. Alot of people over crit themselves personally and when someone comes along and says to someone about there first game:

Quote:
Yo! This was crap man! I benz wokin on my gam whc is lik SOOO much better. This was shit my game at least had lk a weks wrth of stuff put in!
Your a loser! Why dont you just leav man!

Such a post could be shattering to a new Devper espicially if there completely new and maybe even new to this forum as many of us are.
*Bows*

Now what would of been better is:

Quote:
It needs some work. Maybe spend a little more time deveolping your ideas? And try making it longer and harder to complete. But overall a reasonably good first game attempt. In time you will get better.

Now Do we see the difference??? Dont focus on the bad things in peoples projects, try to tell them how to improve it and then at least please people comment on something you may off remotely liked. The smallest complement can give the buzz of a thousand legal drugs together.

People please be nice and make this forum a community and not just a series of crappy reps and mean posts.

Thankyou Carey - Cronius Software

Dont make me come over there!
I am not an animal I am an Human being!

rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldent things like REGENERATING A POST (5 MONTHS!!!) be banned as well... Unless for a good reason...

ultimadiablo, please view the date of the last post before posting...

2nd Edition out now!
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the admins handle this, Khan. I went there (try helping that is), and it wasn't pretty.

Also, this thread is near the top because it is stickied so all new comers can read it. His post was on topic, right?
As you may notice above: I revived this thread a while back and Shadowiii helped me. I was fine.

Yes, Ultima, you are correct. However, you can't change all of the people all of the time. There are a few people here who just can't help but be harsh and cruel. Some people just have to adjust to these critics, and realize that they are just trying to help, but in their own different way.

Telling them that they are wrong makes you no better. So, stay cool, and stay in school.

---msw188 ---
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone can be harsh, but still constructive. Just remember that all bashing is harsh, but not all harsh is bashing. Bashing just says that a thing is bad without saying why.
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind people ressurecting this thread, really. If people aren't clear with the rules, it's right to ask questions.

You don't have to be nice to be constructive, and I said previously before that I will not give penalty to people who did sound harsh but give constructive comments. I have no problems with it. It usually works better than "nice" criticism to some people. However, I've noticed that there are posts that are basically senseless bashing disguised as constructive criticism; I'm trying to discourage this.

Also... I want to add this: smiley spam will equal a month's ban from now on.

Friend,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: