Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

No More Apologies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNintendo
HACKED IN THE BACK DUMPED IN A SACK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: No More Apologies Reply with quote

Wow, this is like the third time I've done this, and I still get the shakes. Anyway... um, Hello, I am MrNintendo, or MrNintendo1 as some of you might remember me. For those who have no clue what I am rambling on about; I will fill you in.

In July 2001 I broke into the OHR scene with "Michael Jackson Dancing." The game was just that, Michael Jackson dancing. Okay, so it was not really anything special, but people liked it, and when I asked if they would like to see a sequel, everyone was all for it. So, in November 2001, I set out to make it. Around February 2002, I entered in the 528 hour contest held by Divine Bovine (Is he still around?). Here, I made Simon for the OHR. It was pretty nifty, but you had literally no time to react. I ended up with 3rd place out of 5. Around March 2002, I believe, Michael Jackson Dancing 2 had a previous version of the file saved over it. I was back to where I was in November 2001.

Needless to say, I snapped; literally. I punched a hole through my den wall, took my FF7 strategy guide, my notebook full of notes on ideas of MJD2 and other games, and dumped gasoline all over them and watched them burn at 3:00 AM. I then posted (I rarely post anything, usually only when I have something to say) about MJD2's demise and that I was through with OHR.

Now, you must be saying, "MrN, that seems like a little much." Well, you have no idea the amount of work I put into MJD2 and what MJD2 was capable of being. MJD2 would have blown the crap right out of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. If you have not played Moonwalker, find it and play it now, it is a fantastic platformer. MJD2 boasted:

Multiple MJ costumes from his various videos and eras
Nearly 50 different dance moves (which took me MONTHS to draw)
The original MJD, but now you could control his moves, the songs, and even save your own dance

The actual game was comprised of 6 levels based on MJ videos, all with their own type of game play (I only finished one, Billie Jean, which involved you going through the streets, avoiding the trench coat guy with Moonwalker Magic and Dance Moves to get into the girls bedroom, a la the Billie Jean video). The level had secrets all over the place, unlocking new costumes and dance moves, which had their own special uses in levels, unlocking remakes of MJ's classic videos (Thriller was the main one I wanted to do), and other goodies.

Argh... sorry, I am detracting from the point... Anyway, so I eventually returned in May 2002. I basically just acted like a God damn fool until I eventually just disappeared around November 2002, a year after when I first started posting.

Well, here we are again, in November, well, that last day of November. Hm... this seems to be my lucky month. What have I been doing in the past year? (I should have just said that to begin with. Sorry, I like to trek down memory road every once and again.) Well, that's the whole point of my post. Around May 2003, (Hm... I repeat myself too many times...) I got back into the OHR. And what have I been working on?

I wrote a creative writing piece for English which I simply entitled "X." The full story was roughly 55 pages, but I handed in the first 8. My teacher loved the story and wanted to see the rest of it. He felt it was a fantastic story (Especially the characterization) and said it was like an RPG. Well, obviously, the light went off and I started as soon as I could. Well, I finally have everything I need to get this game on its feet and I am doing just that.

The first release of this game will be on Christmas and then a new release every 2 weeks (Hopefully) until March 4th.

X will feature:

Custom Textboxes (Not as spectacular as it sounds, Double NPC sprites really hinders the capabilities of this)
Custom Battle/Item/Menu/Shop/Other RPG stuff Systems
Double NPC sprites
2.5D World map (Meaning exactly what it is saying. It will be like a 3D world map, only very restricted.)

I guess that's about all of the special features I am cramming into X. I do not know if any of these ideas have been tried yet or even suggested for the OHR (Except for Double NPC sprites, I shamelessly ripped those from Moogle1), but these were some of the ideas I was hoping to put into MJD2 back in the day. I have not been reading the forums since last year so I have no idea what has been going on.

So, yeah, this is really it. So, MrN is back and I hope I gave you something else to look forward to this Christmas. Peace.

Bill : I don't know. I guess they thought it sounded cool.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRNINTENDO IS BACK!!

*boots up MJD1 for nostolga purposes*

*sniff* It's nice to see you back man!
JSH357

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, man. MJD was a pretty tight game; I was actually looking forward to the sequel back when you were still working on it.

Now that you're here again, maybe you could make a first-person shooter-type game called "Return to the Neverland Ranch 3-D" or something. Raspberry!

... Wow, that would be gory. 0_o
Hyperdrmr
plotscripter/musician

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey when you burnt everything did you burn mjd1 cus i would like to see it.

http://gamingetc2.topcities.com/hyperdrmrpage.htm
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still get MJD1 on the O:OHR gamelist. I don't see any reason to though.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, your back. I remember that tragedy. MJD1 was a cool game, and I was looking forward to the second.

I believe Divine Bovine left AGES ago, back in the Zant days, and probably not so long after you.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr. Nintendo. I remember you from O:OHR, and I even messed around with your Michael Jackson thingy.

Welcome to CP! Try not to get into any trouble! Raspberry!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD was awesome! Great to have you here, welcome to CP.
Harbinger
Opini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back on thge horse?

I have one work for you esse. Backup. Say it three times, then make it happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synial
That Guy Who Does Stuff... Sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna play MJ: Bedtime Adventures!!

avoid the cops, bribe the court, do a little dance inbetween!! It's an all new adventure!

Smokin'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: