Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Reviewing-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reviewing- Reply with quote

As all of you have most likely browsed the gamelist, I'm sure you've seen the little "Add Review" button. That's right, all games on the list are open for review. The whole point of a gamelist is to encourage people to play your games, and a review helps advertise for your game, while helping the reviewer increase his writing and game designing skills.

Anyway, this post is just a nudge that if you're a reviewer, to start digging in. There are plenty of great games on the list that you would enjoy reviewing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Will someone upload my reviews? Reply with quote

Pissed off! Would someone upload or check or whatever it is you do to my reviews. I've done 3, with more very soon. Big grin
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home

Last edited by Seth on Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should have been mentioned earlier, but all reviews from non-staff members goes through me before it's posted. If a review is rejected, I'll tell the writer why, and offer suggestions to fix it.

Reasons why a review may be rejected-
-Poor spelling/grammar.
-Nonsensical arguments. (The story is about grape jelly, which is awesome. Even with the spelling errors, plot holes, and horrible characterization, this alone warrants a 10.)
- Excessive cursing or laughing.
- Nonsensical scoring. (I liked the author’s first game, so his new game gets an A!)

Other then that, unless you forget to fill out part of the review, it will most likely be going up the same day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIFE2~!

You should accept the reviews I have in queue CN. They're waiting.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIOUS DISCUSSION TIME!

There are currently 11 reviews waiting to be accepted. I have no idea how long they have been there, but many probably for years (your SoJ one for 4 years, apparently). There's also a huge number of reviews that were rejected, but some are still better than the average review on Slime Salad. The reason they were rejected is that CP had relatively high standards, especially in length. If I tried to follow the old standard, then maybe I should reject your review of Trailblazers.

However I feel like the standard should be lowered a bit because it's better to publish a review than reject it and have it never improved and published, because the author is long gone.

So before I do anything, I'd like to hear what others think.

Edit: Also, the screenshots in your trailblazers review have gone missing. Can you edit the review, or do I need to reject it first?

Edit2: I notice that the criteria CN laid out in this thread was waaay less strict than the standard eventually enforced.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say approve 'em all and let God sort 'em out. Might be kind of a mess, but it might be kind of a neat time capsule too.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmog1 wrote:
I say approve 'em all and let God sort 'em out. Might be kind of a mess, but it might be kind of a neat time capsule too.

I second this.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: