Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New character art
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: New character art Reply with quote

New Genesis character art. His name is Leon and he's supposed to be pretty young. Questions/Comments/Critigues are welcome.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a big sword. I like how it's actually heavy (I've actually been wanting to do that in a story), and the angle is good. Little too reminiscent of the Buster Sword, though...

The actual character design is good for a Knight/Squire/whatever he is. Good work overall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He kinda reminds me of Sora. Excellent drawing though.
Captain Action
Get equipped with action

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be me, but the boots seem a bit odd. Especially the left one.

http://www.guardianguild.net/lolwtf
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look horrible, it's not just you. I suck at drawing feet.
Captain Action
Get equipped with action

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, aside from the feet, it looks great. I especially like the scarf.

http://www.guardianguild.net/lolwtf
Uncommon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see anything wrong with his left (foreground) foot, but the right (background) foot looks a little bulbous...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
madhatter
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it. The anatomy looks very good. I suck so much at anatomy, that's why I deliberately wack out the proportions on my characters to the point of ridiculousness 'cuz then it becomes my "style", heh.
Eggie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of a mix between Cloud (FF7) and Magnus (Ogre Battle 64).
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Ogre Battle 64, but I can see the resemblance to Cloud. This wasn't intentional, though. About what age would you guys say he looks? I'm worried that he doesn't look quite the age he's supposed to look. :\
Uncommon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say somewhere between 16 and 18. He could be fifteen, at the youngest, but that would be stretching it a bit...
Mr B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More gorgeousness. Big grin

I'll start with the hands. I really like the hands. The left-hand wrist is a little...fat, but I suppose that a guy like him with a great big sword would need beafy wrists. I especially like the thumb of the right hand. I'm not sure why -- it just looks good.

Arms. Not too much to say here. That's a good elbow. His sleaves though...is there elastic in the Genesis world? Because the only way that the sleave could do that is with elastic, I think. Unless it's really a strap that is bound on the other side or the arm.

The head. That's a pretty good head, shapewise. At first I thought that the grimancing mouth was a mustache. Big grin The hair though... It actually looks fine, but I was wondering...would that kind of get in the way of seeing? Of course, there's all these tweenage girls running around with industrial-strength bangs, and they don't seem to smash into anything. Long hair in the back wouldn't bee too much of a problem, but in the front...I'd tie it down or something so that it wouldn't get in my eyes when I'm fighting. But that's really only in the interest of realism; it won't affect graphics or gameplay adversely.

Torso. No real comments about the torso. He seems stocky and well-built.

Legs. The fabric on the legs is pretty good. But what is that thing on his belt? Is it a leather wallet?

Boots. The boots don't look too good. The left one isn't too bad, but the right boot actually looks like a good left boot. The problem is, left boots don't make good right boots.

Misc. The scarf is well-drawn, but I have the same realism issues as with the hair; wouldn't that tend to get in the way? But it looks very good, outfit wise.

Sword. Now that's a sword. That's a massive sword. If it was made out of iron or steel, it would weigh...oh...90, 100 lbs at least. Of course, all RPGs do that, and it looks good. But it would be quite difficult to swing that. Also, there's a gutting-hook (don't remember the right name) on it. As far as I remember, that's a feature on hunting knives that's used to cut tendons and tripe. What's it used for in the sword? Or is it stylistic?

Overall, another good picture. I like it. Keep doing it!

P.S. I'd rate his age as early twenties.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPG character's ages is impossible to determine. How in the heck is Squall 17?! And Cloud is 20 something (not bothering to dig through my game manuals to find out his exact age)?!

RPG Terms he's probably 19 (aka older hero range)
Real Life he looks more early to mid 20s.
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curses! He was supposed to look 14-16ish. :\ I've failed miserably. How could I make him look younger? Besides just shortening his limbs, I mean.

Thank you for the critiquing, Mr. B. I agree with your realism comments, he does seem to have a lot of things that would get in his way. I'm going to work on making his air a little thicker and styled a little differently, so that his hair won't get all up in his grill (hehe). But the scarf... I love it. I love it too much to edit it any, hahaha. So I guess he's going to have to risk getting that thing tangled around him. The thing on his legs is supposed to be used as a sort of fanny-pack/backpack sort of thing. I'll work on his boots, too. Hopefully next time they won't come out so out of proportion and shaped oddly.

Thanks for all the positive comments, folks. I appreciate it.
Mr B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Big grin

Hmm...for 14-ish, all I could suggest is making him look more...scrawny? Hmmm...what makes 14 14? All I can think of is scrawnyness. Actually, wouldn't lengthening the limbs make him look 14? 'cause 14-year-olds, I think, are pretty skinny, at least in popular stereotype... And longer legs and arms would lend to the impression.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: