Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The 1 year Mark (Rate that Admin Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: The 1 year Mark (Rate that Admin Thread) Reply with quote

CP's closing in on it's 1 year anniversary and that means we need feedback.

We've got 8 admins:
-Aethereal
-Chaos Nyte
-Cube
-Misteroo
-Orchard-Lafayette (Friend)
-Setu_Firestorm
-Squall
-Inferior Minion

Please give us a general idea of what you think each one does, and how you think they're doing overall.

Standard 0.0 - 10.0 scale

All views expressed in this thread will not be held against anyone as long as they're on topic

This might help
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order:

Inferior Minion Overall:8.5

Out of all the admins, I think Inferior Minion is the most fair. He maintains a sense of humor, while also fairly moderating both the boards and the Chat, and when he does do something, he doesn't mind explaining why, or debating the various ways of going about it.

Chaos Nyte Overall:4.5

Chaos Nyte, while a good admin, sometimes lets his personal feelings get the better of him, and he does occasionally go overboard, but in most cases he does a good job of keeping the peace, but I'm not really 100% sure that everything he does is something a layman can see.

Misteroo Overall: NA

I've never seen Misteroo make any post, or moderate, so I won't speak of him. He's fun to be around in IRC though.

Cube Overall: 7.00

Cubie is quite fair as an administrator of both IRC and the boards, however he doesn't explain some things as well as IM does, so I don't grade him as high. I haven't seen him do much in the realm of post deletion recently.

Setu Firestorm Overall: 6.00
Don't know much of him, but when I've seen him he's fair and reasonable. Only thing I don't like about him was the swearing filter which has been revoked.

ORCHIE! Overall: 6.50
Again, one I don't know exactly all he does on the board, but he's fair, and doesn't go insane at the least little thing, and maintains good balance in IRC.

Squall Overall: 5.00
Another person I don't know much of, I don't think I've seen him close threads, and in IRC I also can't remember him doing much.

Aethereal Overall: 4.00
Aeth strikes me as somewhat simillar to CN, but without a few of his good qualities. He is a good moderator, but I dislike his style, and some of the times he's said things that add fuel to an argument.

I think that's it. Please don't kill me. =P
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aethereal - 8 - A good administrator. Generally seems to do his job well. He occasionally overreacts to a situation, but I think for the most part he is fair. Can sometimes go wild with the lock topic button.

Chaos Nyte - 6 - I used to be miffed when you attacked newbies. Now I am bitter and I find it amusing when you declare people to be the idiots they are. Sometimes your emotions can go wild though, same problem as Aeth has with the lock button. You get extra minus points for the annoying feud with Fyrewulff. Here's a tip, CN: nobody cares.

Cube - 7 - He does his job as far as I know. I don't really see him online as much as Aeth though (and as many of you have PMed me about, I'm online an awful lot, so that's saying something).

Misteroo - 1 - Um, I've not once seen him online since I joined. I can't imagine that he actually does anything. He gets plus 1 point for the old CP logo though.

Friend - 7 - I don't think I've seem Friend do as much administration as the other admins. However he seems to be a reasonable person and a positive influence on the boards.

Setu Firestorm - 9 - A nice guy in general, and does his job. Congenial and fair to all, including those looked down upon by most as "newbies."

Squall - 8 - I'm tempted to give him minus points because of his fondness for FF8, but I guess that wouldn't be right. The fact that he admins 2 boards doesn't seem to keep him from doing a good job on both of them.

Inferior Minion - 10 - You're the code guy, right? Well, as I understand it, without you to write the code and stuff, we have no functioning CP. Kudos to you. You seem to be fair and generally explain yourself when you do things.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeth - 6

When it comes to forum moderation, Aeth sometimes lets his feelings get the best of him. He tries to get control of a situation, but as Giz said, sometimes fuels more than he puts out. There are times when I read his posts and think "Aeth, you shouldn't have said that", however, very seldom do I disagree with his actions or find them entirely unjustified given the situation or the argument. Aeth has maintained a positive image and a strong presence in the community.

Behind the scenes, Aeth has done an excellent job of managing reviews. In most cases, he gives a detailed description when rejecting and has a high standard for acceptance. This quality assurance allows for a review list worth reading through.

CN - 3

When Castle Paradox first opened, that score would have been much higher... Over the past year, however, CN has continued to display extreme arrogance, selfishness, and abuse of power. Countless irrational and emotionally fueled actions have severly tainted all respect I once had for him. His personal grudges hinder his decision making and his continual insistance on placing himelf above the community is not only makes Casle Paradox a less inviting place, but drives users away. He's become the big bad wolf (no offense Fyre) or the Big Brother of Castle Paradox.

At the start of Castle Paradox, CN was the only one accepting/rejecting Reviews. This worked out exceptionally for the first couple months. Then reviews started piling up. Aeth has stepped in to help ease the load. Since then, Aeth's presence in the Review Process has steadily increased while CN's declined. Hopefully this is simply due to a heavy college load and his work behind the scenes increases as the winter break approaches.

Cube - 9

Cube is the only Admin nominated by the community and he's filled the role quite nicely. Cube heads the Plotscripting Forum, attempting to answer any question posed. Luckily, the community helps in any way it. Cube has made it a point to keep every post in the plotscripting seciton responded to. There are little to no questions that have not at least been looked over and resolved.

After joining Castle Paradox, I began asking Cube what he knew in terms of programming. His knowledge of PHP and MySQL have greatly contributed to the development of this site. He and I constantly relay ideas back and forth and his input and help is always valued.

Misteroo - 0

OK....I know, I know...I wasn't thinking when I wrote the first post....I just listed off the Admins from the Bio page....Misteroo shouldn't have been included....but due to Giz and Iblis's responses, I'm not gonna alter my first post....

Miseroo created the original art for the main page. He also created the original mascot: Bam. Since he was a part of the team from the beginning, it was only natural to make him Art Mod. However, as time progressed, his participation in Castle Paradox dropped to it's current state of nil. He maintains his Admin status and Mod position but his appearances seem limited to #paradoxlounge on IRC.

Orchard-Lafayette/Friend - 9

As Misteroo's participation dropped, the staff decided a new Art Forum Mod was needed. Orchy's ability as an Admin is appareant in his posts. When conflict arises, Orchy remains calm and collected. His responses are well thought out, encompass the entire argument, and does not demean either side. Every post he makes I think "I couldn't have said it better myself."

As of right now, Orchy's input on site management/growth and moderating are his only duties.

Setu Firestorm - 8

Setu is the newest member of the Castle Paradox staff. Setu's compassionate and open-minded nature along with his comical personality shine through all of his posts. He goes out of his way to encourage others and never hesitates to offer a helping hand. Setu's downfall is his over-leniency. He's come a long way since he was first added to the staff.

Setu was added as an Admin to moderate the Music Forum, which, sadly, hasn't gotten as much use as it should.

Squall - 6

Squall was originally made an Admin temporarily. He agreed (for some reason or another, he's probably masochistic Raspberry!) to transfer all the O:OHR reviews over to CP. He's still at it, moving reviews, copying, pasting, taking screenshots, uploading...man that must suck....

His status as Admin evolved and he soon became a part of the decision making process. He and I co-run the OHR Paraphanalia store. However, recently Squall's activity has more than declined. Possibly due to school...I don't know....but I see him alot less than I used to. He helps Caslte Paradox mostly behind the scenes and his help is greatly appreciated.

Yay....that only took me 3 hours Oookay...

The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion (9.5) - Great Host (aside the occasional network problems from wireless and such) great guy to talk to on IRC, reasonable and is willing to help whenever someone asks. Note: the 0.5 loss was from "why did you get banned on IRC?"

Aethereal (5.5) - Good guy, can get a bit overreactive in situations. Can't say i new him too well, but can easily be talked to when no one fueling him to be crazy.

Chaos Nyte (6.5) - Good Admin, can get annoying sometimes, but can always rely on him to bring out the critism in a conversation. Friendly and fair nonetheless.

Cubie (8.0) - Good guy, friendly and helpful in many places including that outside the OHR area. Can't survive without cubie's Anime board Wink. helps out whereever he can, whenever asked, and know what you're talking about. Fair guy, and damn good at "go."

Misteroo (6.0) - Disappeared?? Only seen him mod once or twice if at all. Good character to talk to on IRC, and has a sense of humour.

Orchard-Lafayette (7.0) - Honest, can contradicted someone in an argument and know when to stop. Enjoys disappearing in IRC a bit.

Setu_Firestorm (8.0) - Great guy to just have bit of fun when you're bored and have nothing to do. Would help out whenever needed. Has a great personality, where he is fair and he would listen to reason.

Squall (6.5) - Haven't seen him on this board, until quite recently. Lazy but makes up for it the long run. Can be quite modest when recieving praises.

Ok, so all my scores are quite high, but that's how i feel...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyberneticDream
Marine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeth-7.0: I used to really hate Aeth (it's a long story) but he's a good admin. He always has something intelligent to say. Although i still kinda think he whines about the littlest things (eg. talking slang) he's still cool.

Setu-8.5: Always looks on "the bright side".Has alot of good values and is very mature. It's also cool that he's a Christian (i'm one too...as hard as that is to believe Big grin ).But ive only been here for a couple of months so this is just what ive seen from him so far.

Chaos Nyte-2.0: No comment...(ive got a few choice words but i think ill hold my tongue....erm...fingers Oookay... )

Inferior-8.0: Ive never really had any encounters with this guy...but so far he seems cool. Seems to always have things under control.

Cube -8.0: Don't know him that well but ive seen him in the chat a few times...good man.

-Misteroo -No rating- Never heard of him before...

-Orchard-Lafayette (Friend)-No rating- Ditto

Squall -7.0-like inferior, my encounters with this guy have been few. Still he's a good admin, from what ive seen. ive never really seen a time where his emotions got the better of him. But then again...ive only been here for a few months.

That's my ratings (so far) ...If any admins think that my scores are too low/high feel free to give me a PM (don't wory...i don't bite Big grin ).
The Bard
The Shogun Soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Aethereal (8.0)
This guy, although I have never had an issue, seems nice and everything, so, yeah.
-Chaos Nyte (7.5)
Despite what CERTAIN PEOPLE(*COUGH* CYBER-DREAMS *COUGH*) say, I think that CN isn't that mean, he/she (which?> I have no clue as of yet.) He/she (yet again, confusion) "rules" fairly, if somewhat strictly.
-Cube (0.0)
It looks like a 0, but it's an attempt at (WHO IS HE/SHE? I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT PERSON POST.) I'm not saying that they DON'T I'm merely saying that I've never seen them.
-Misteroo (READ ABOVE)
-Orchard-Lafayette (SAME AS BEFORE)
-Setu_Firestorm (7.5)
Nice guy, posts are the most I've seen. SO I know he's around, as well as CN.
-Squall (READ Cube)
-Inferior Minion (7.5)
I didn't even know this guy was an Admin, but he's on frequently so I guess he's great, he's an active player and sutff.
Rinku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Aethereal - 2/10: not very level-headed for a moderator
-Chaos Nyte - 9/10: this would have been less a year ago but he seems to have improved greatly over the past year
-Cube - 5/10: okay, never seen him do much
-Misteroo - 5/10: okay, never seen him do much
-Orchard-Lafayette (Friend) - 5/10: okay, never seen him do much
-Setu_Firestorm - 2/10: not very level-headed for a moderator
-Squall - 5/10: okay, never seen him do much
-Inferior Minion - 10/10: perfect at what he does

what i've noticed that not one of these was a moderator on zant (that i can remember, anyway). overall i think the zant moderators were more level-headed and fair (for example, none of them ever kicked me out of #ohrrpgce for no reason, as a couple of these have done in #castleparadox), but this set isn't totally awful.

if we can nominate people who we think would make good moderators, i say that pepsiranger and gilbert would be great for it -- mainly because they are older and tend to act less on whim. in general, i've found that the older a moderator's age, the better he or she is as a moderator. there are exceptions but the 'wise old man' is a stereotype for a reason. (i'd also nominate myself but i don't come to the board much -- see my post count -- so wouldn't be around enough to moderate).

Last edited by Rinku on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeth: Too harsh, can be annoying, but in general a cool guy. 6/10
Setu: Seems nice, has good sense of humor(much like me) 9/10
IM: Seen him rarely on IRC, good admin, although I think he needs to reply to some requests more often 6/10
CN: From what I understand, Abuses his power, and a crybaby(no hard feelings). 4/10
Misteroo: Never seen him. 0/10
and for that matter never seen the other admins either, besides the ones listed above.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know all the admins as well as some but here's what I'm gonna vote on based off what I do know.

-Aethereal6/10: Reading reviews and then deciding which ones are good enough to post can be a hideous task, I know he's not the only one, but someone's gotta do it. So I give him a 6 because there are probally dozens of reviews and he's gotta pick the ones worth submitting.
-Chaos Nyte 2/10: CN only gets a 2 from me because he played Mr.Triangle5, because I was gonna give him a 1 for just being here and funding some of the site. But playing Mr.Triangle would have raised it to a possible 4, but his horrible attitude and arrogance drops it down to an unrespectable 2.
-Cube 2/10: Not much known about him other than he's a great plotscripter...
-Misteroo 1/10: I don't know much about Misteroo... And I honestly haven't seen him on CP very often, but he gets a 1 for being here.
-Orchard-Lafayette (Friend) 2/10: Not much know of him too...
-Setu_Firestorm 7/10: He's very friendly and he does his share of CP with enthusiasm. He's the kind of guy you wonna work for. Because he would make getting the job done fun. Hehe, and he'd play some spiffy tunes, hehe.
-Squall 2/10: Not much known about him either...
-Inferior Minion 10/10: This guy is amazing. Whenever there's a bug on CP just tell him, and he can fix it faster than a gnome can steal your underpants! CP seems to crash more often, but this is the guy that brings it back up! This guy, is trully the heart of CP. Without him... CP would be screwed.
There you go...
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing a good majority of the mods, I'm gonna try to be as unbiased as possible.

Aeth: 7/10, good guy, although his intentions arent always clear.
CN: 4/10, Strict is good, but insensitivity is uncalled for. Good at pointing blatant errors and really dumb crap that happens around here, but gets out of hand in the process. Just cuz someone did something wrong doesnt mean they did it on purpose (albeit that occurs less than more)
Cube: 7/10, Posts every now and then. Chat with him, too. He does things for CP im sure of it, but he never broadcasts it.
Misteroo: 0/10, havent seen this guy post about anything about CP, not that I have anything against him. I believe he just stepped out of CP.
Orchard: 6/10, logical and humorous, although I havent seen him do anything very major with the site, but the place isn't really the same without him.
Squall: 5/10, Nothing, null opinion. I barely see him around.
Setu: 8/10, guy I know the least. Does a surprising amount for CP. I never see him show bias, which means fairer behavior towards the rest of us.
Inferior Minion: 9/10, basically THE mod around here. Dropped a point for his minor screw ups.

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aethereal - 7/10

Fun, fair, does his job well. Nothing really exceptional I can say except he isn't biased, and he does get the job done. He closed Paradox Lounge, so I commend him for that. Raspberry!

Chaos Nyte - 8/10

CN is strict and keeps thing in line, which I personally like. Even though people whine because he is "too mean" he usually is saying what 95% of us are thinking but are afraid to say. These boards need some strict moderation at times. My only major complaint is that he and fyrewulff stop having immature fights, but that probably isn't going to happen.

Cube - 6/10

Well, I almost never go to the Plotscripting Board so I really can't comment much. He's a cool guy none-the-less. Raspberry! He also introduced me to Naruto, which is...yeah. Awesomeness.

Misteroo - 10/10 (actually N/A Raspberry!)

He made Arfenhouse, thus he is my God. But he never posts here anymore, so eh.

Orchard-Lafayette (Friend) - 8/10

He always seem sto be the quieter, saner side of the moderators. Smokin' Even when people fight he manages to come in and peacefully negotiate to solve the problem passively. An excellent moderator, just wish he'd post more.

Setu_Firestorm - 5/10

Is this guy INSANE?! Just kidding Setu Raspberry! Yeah, Setu is a cool guy, even if he does have a bit to learn about overall moderation. He's doing a decent job for his first time, though.

Squall - 5/10

He manages Renzo well (even if it is undead) and he doesn't tolerate spam. No major complaints, except that he come on more. Raspberry!

Inferior Minion - 9/10

Even though it pissed me off when his server kept reseting (Raspberry!) he still does a good job keeping the site in check. He listens to our comments about overall site design and tries to improve on the things we ask. Excellent work.

Whoo hoo! One year! Par-tay! Oookay... <--he's sweating from all the dancing. No, really.
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Nyte:7 , he may be a little lock ready , but he speeks his mind and cuts down on the spam(most of which I've caused Ha ha ha! )
Inferior Minion:9, Friendly , calm , good sence of humour and very fair.
Friend:N/A,The only thing I know about Friend is that he made Motherland.
Misteroo:N/A,He made Arfenhouse!Never seen a post from him though.
Cude:6,Nice guy,plotscripting king , But i havent seen very much of him.
Squall:N/A,I dont know enough to judge
Setu:9,Supernice , friendly,the first person to welcome me to Castle paradox and doesn't let himself get hotheaded or wound-up
Aeth:5,Good allrounder, our safety blanket

that all!
madhatter
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around that long, but here's my opinion anyhow:

Aetheral- 7.5 - keeps the peace when things are out of hand

CN - 7.0 - a little over-zealous when it comes to spam but otherwise a good mod

Cube - N/A - well, I don't really know him, and I'm never in the plotscripting forum

Misteroo - N/A - all I know is that he's an awesome artist

Friend - N/A - don't know much about him 'cept he's also an awesome artist

Setu - 9.0 - keeps the peace, has a sense of humour and is friendly. the filters never bothered me.

IM - 9.0 - friendly, has a sense of humour, as stated before he won't hesitate to explain why X thing was changed and keeps the peace (I overuse phrases don't I?)

Squall - N/A - don't know enough

Last edited by madhatter on Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
RPGCreations
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: single post during self imposed bannage Reply with quote

-Aethereal
Adds more to arguements he claims to be defusing. Kicks too much and for no reason in IRC channel (but perhaps for another thread?). More impartial than CN (key to moderator skills) but seems like a Yes Man too many times. Would help if he explained his actions more.
7.5 and some skill

-Chaos Nyte
Ooooh boy. Let's his grudges and feelings control his actions. Contradicts himself when reasoning bans and or kicks. (see Word Censors Removed thread) Barely impartial. Barely involved in CP efforts anymore. Takes things too personally. Treatens to ban people on the -forums- for something they told him on IRC or over private channels, which is wrong. Won't stop deleting my threads. Why is he in charge of CP, again?
1.5 and a copy of SuperMan 64

-Cube
Needs to be more straight and to the point. Stays out of arguments, apparently. (which is good) Let's his anti-American prejudices get in the way sometimes. Locks up topics for lackluster or silly reasons. However, more impartial than Aeth.
7.5 and the entire collection of DBZ dubbed.

-Misteroo
Does nothing, has done nothing except for some 0-day efforts. Nothing personal, but when you have an admin doing -absolutely- nothing, it's time to let them go.
0.0 and a prod to finish ArfenHouse Teh Movie #

-Orchard-Lafayette (Friend)
Impartial, you know he's a good mod because you can't tell that he's doing his job. Also, bonus points for actually making and releasing games.
8.0 and a protection order.

-Setu "Booty Man" Firestorm
Immature. Does the "NOBODY CARES ABOUT ____ MAN!!11", "I DON'T CARE ABOUT ___, DUDE, SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT PU" waaay too much, akin to a kid plugging their fingers into their ears and going "I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALLAALALALALALAL". Had stupid word censors, and replaced them with even more immature phrases ( fuck being replaced with "I like it up the bum" ) and does stupid stuff on IRC, ala channel raids and constant kicking, which gets annoying when you have to rejoin 50 times in an hour. Consider this my vote to have him de-admined.
-2.5 and some duct tape

-Squall
Same as Orchard, except pre-emptively banned Harlock for wanting to watch Renzo users a while back, so minus points there. A little to overprotective of Renzo, it's a public forum, get over it. Otherwise, does his job well.
7.8 and the push button codes to Perfect Dark.

-Inferior Minion
Completely impartial. Does not let his feelings get in the way of his decisions. Programmed most of this site by himself. Apparently has no one blocked on AIM, which is the unfortunate bonus of being a site admin. Listens to all sides of an arguement. Best use of the ban tool (only as a last resort) and the only one making efforts (as am I) for certain OHR.com/CP co-operations. His mind and heart are in the right place.
10.0 and a trophy

-Fyre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: