Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A new drawing from Sorcer!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorcer
...art guy...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: A new drawing from Sorcer!! Reply with quote

This one is not half as nice as the previous, I think. Neutral

She has not yet aquired a name, But I call her Ata(as in data Ha ha ha! ). I've made up a new rpg class to use in my game. I call them "Hackers". They manipulate enemy weaknesses, HP, MP and forth in battle. The thing next to her head is an antenna thingy... Happy

Myself, I haven't got a decent word to say about this picture except than that it sucks. I totally hate it. I'm gonna make a new picture tomorrow... That's what I'm gonna do... Hahah... Ha ha ha!
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all
And I stood tall.
And did it my way!
- "My Way" - Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Herman Brood, Paul Anka, Robbie Williams and now me.
RPGCreations
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment: Not much to comment on when the creator has already dismissed his picture. Thought that antenna was a rabbit ear. The costume is too strange for my likes.
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vouch for muting Fyre! Who's with me? Raspberry!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
madhatter
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That piece of clothing on the pelvic area bothers me...

On other matters, I am generally impressed with your CG work so far, however her muscles are very relaxed, almost as if (this is not meant to be insulting. this is just my brain coming up with a very bad analogy) she were made of rubber and had her major limbs twisted and stretched a bit.

Otherwise, good job. I particulalry like the colour scheme.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with PHC. Fyre (or whatever member of RPGCreations that was). Made a very valid comment.

I myself think the picture looks generally awkward. And she has a very thick (and manly) neck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, but what materials do you use. I use pencil, pencil crayon, and pen, and a scanner. Do you use any computer applications to texturize your work?

Yeah, I think your avatar is better though. Happy
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can point things out that might need improvement on...

ewww, saggy... i'll stop there.
she's really built up for a female...
the hips are misaligned, and crotchless....
neck will always be a problem... so i'll stop here.

sorry, if it sounded crud, but i'm just pointing the disturbing parts...
I'll delete this on your request, if you really want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sorcer
...art guy...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means continue, flamer. I can handle criticism(is it correct spelled?).

All this criticism can help me get better in the future.

However, When I draw I tend not to worry too much about the anatomical errors. When I worry to much, I tend to "burn out" much faster, and when I do so, Its hard to enjoy drawing. In other words, when I'm too concentrated in getting it right, it becomes less fun and more boring.

But thanks for your comments.

It might be a while until the next piece, I'm currently busy studying different anime tutorials... I really have to get better...
I faced it all
And I stood tall.
And did it my way!
- "My Way" - Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Herman Brood, Paul Anka, Robbie Williams and now me.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, guess that's why my nick hasn't changed in over 5-7 years... i'm too critical (even to my own work Big grin )

i understand what you mean about enjoying your art. i too have that liking for art. what i generally do is, draw how i like it, without much care about anatomical errors. then i go over the drawing again and correct the more "outstanding" errors. then I find ways to improving the picture so that i looks more interesting.
that's how i tend to work, it works, because i'm still drawing (during study periods in school most of the time)

i'll post up my phoenix picture i made three weeks ago, after my exams are over (monday is the last day Big grin )
Sorcer
...art guy...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea... The thing about how you drew your art... I might try that one... thanks, dude.
I faced it all
And I stood tall.
And did it my way!
Kenji Murasame
Shizuma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing some good things here, the design is solidbut you got to do the following work:

proportions, dynamics.

Don't just leave characters standing around limply.. think about it, every single part of them should be moving in a meaningful way... Until you can pose a character in character you aren't showing their character totally.

I'd recommend you checkout the book "Anime and Videogame characters for beginners" it's pretty good.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Flamer said surprised me. Thats exactly what I think! YAY!

But seriously; going over your pictures again is a nice way to make them better. I do that all the time. I heard somewhere that that is a good sign that you are a very intelligent person. Keep enjoying your art, Sorcer, and fix, fix, fix until you can enjoy it no more. Big grin

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with leroy up to the point before he said, "...and fix, fix, fix until you can enjoy it no more."
fix the picture until you feel it's enough to satisfy your tastes, else you won't know what to fix and lose interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: