Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

How bout a O.H.R MMORPG
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

???who would like to see that one day???
i would....
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
na........
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Serg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: How bout a O.H.R MMORPG Reply with quote

Idea maybe the idea would be great,or dumb,but i would like to see a O.H.R online game, that dosent have to be a big 3d world, just a 2d simple hack and slash game, where u could upload ur custom pic of ur fav game char or any other, and battle slimes along with ur pals and chat at the same time,then all of a sudden a new evil comes, and the heros come to the rescue or to their doom, with mini games,lotteries or whatever comes to mind, if i could i would help in the sprite,map,or any grafix makin,any way thats that,has any1 herd of SoM...... Idea
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm trying my best to decipher your post, because a lot of it is illegible, but I think an OHRRPGCE MMORPG is kind of a dumb idea. Consistent stories don't work in MMORPGs, you can't do any sort of thing with the engine, and it won't be popular enough. Making an MMORPG requires a lot of money, a lot of time, and a LOT of work, so if you're going to make an MMORPG, you'd better be filthy rich, or find a way to make money off of it. No one would want to pay for an OHR online game, and even if they did, it wouldn't be popular enough.

And, please check over your posts before you hit that submit button and make sure you can read it, because if you can't, then no one else can either. I can barely understand half of what you wrote.
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, someone should just make a mod for Furcadia, and invite people from the OHR forums over. It wouldn't even need to have decent graphics, considering it's ohr themed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online games? Sounds cool.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have consitsant stories work online. You just gotta have a certain type of bad guy continously mess things up again.

Uhhhhh.... I think that mgiht work, but then we will have to desperse everybody through every game and it would be very hectic ( Not that it already isnt, geesh ) You may find that not many ppl play yer game in favor of another game, well, maybe your friends. Your friends might not even play it. Besides, it would take a hella long time wouldnt it?

Well, It is the thought that counts. Good thought Serg. (I think we discussed this a long time ago, or it is just an on going subject. )

I would like to see a OHR hand held game dvise, like a Gameboy. That way you could download games on it and store them there. Maybe that would run smoother than a computer would, and you could take it anywhere! That allows more time for you to respond to posts... Hehe Happy
( I think Minnek [JD] talked about that once also. )

Peace?!?!?! Razz

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish that this thread was a joke. :/
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was, at least.
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really wish that this thread was a joke. :/

Indeed. The OHR doesn't have capabilities anywhere near this level.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, if it did, the OHR would be made for a completely different purpose alltogther. You can't have a game engine be both single-player and online multiplayer, espeically a DOS based one written in QBasic.

So...MWAHAHAA.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, one could create a MMOPRG that used OHR characters and environments . . . but that really wouldn't be the same. Also, it wouldn't help with n00bspeak in the least. It would be like arfenhouse to the nine millionth power plus one.
Quote:
User who me doesn't like #1: I BAT UUUUU!
User who me doesn't like #2: I BAT j0000!
User who me doesn't like #3: ME BTA JOOOO!

and on and on and on . . .
The horror! the horror . . .
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...I've been trying to swing staff around to the idea of creating an online graphical chat room. But as you can guess, there's been no takers yet. Le sigh. There goes my dreams of beating Sew to a virtual bloody pulp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, CN. If you push for your dreams, you can do it!
Perseverence is key!!
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me wrote:
Of course, one could create a MMOPRG that used OHR characters and environments . . .

maybe Someone could make an online 3d game using characters from our games! YEA! That would be awsome! *Flagrant stupidity is obvious*

This looks like a job for RPG excell team! *Gogogogogogogogogogogogo!*
-Minnek sissy smacks you- you have taken 50 dammage!
-LeRoy_Leo mouths off- you have taken 150 dammage!
-Me, and Leroy speak bad arfenhousen- you have taken 200 dammage!

Too much dammage... You are dead.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Minnek
Conjurer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissy smack? ...

Nerd slap. Yes. That's it.

And yet again, you spelled RPGExcel (note, 1 L) incorrectly. Rolling Eyes

Heh. Guess I might as well point out that I was the one who was going to work on a handheld system for the OHR, but I haven't managed anything with that. More important things had come up, and it passed from my mind for a long while. ...as for the MMORPG piece....that's simply... no. Just the thought of it makes my face go all Really confused -like.

Oh yes, and I suppose I'll mention the fact that LeRoy and I are working on an MMORPG, resembling Everquest a little. It's a hobby, I guess you could say.

Minnek speaks in LeRoyian - you have taken so much damage your CPU exploded!

...not realistic... Oookay...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure if an MMORPG would even really work. Though I -do- like CN's idea of a graphical chat room.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: