Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Faq/Walkthrough section?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Castle Paradox have a Walkthroughs section for games?
Yes, by all means.
96%
 96%  [ 24 ]
No, what we have is sufficient.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, the best person qualified to write up a faq/walkthrough for any given game is the person who made it, since we trust they're competant enough to remember everything about it, and how to get EVERYTHING out of it.

As for the method of writing a faq for an OHR game, here's one such idea. Get the basic playing information first, Characters, attacks, special tips, anything to get the general idea of how it's played, then go from start to finish, throwing in Subquest data as it becomes available.

http://www11.brinkster.com/yupples/ohr%20magazine/February%202003/reviews/Final%20Fantasy%20H%20Faq.htm
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Fenrir, and I like the style presented in that walkthrough best. It would probably be the best way to set it up, but unless more people are interested in writing walkthroughs for their games, it would be a waste of time to put a section up for them.
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a faq/walkthrough section alot cause it gives people a bigger chance to express the contents of they're games. Personally the main reason you would want a walkthrough from me in my games is because they give away secret locations you would never think to look.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was DEAD. In MUMMY WRAPPINGS. In a SARCOPHAGUS. In a TOMB. In a PYRAMID. In EGYPT. Now you've revived it and it's curse will KILL US ALL.

Seriously, they're probably going to make the list sometime, doesn't have to be any time soon. I think the most important issue right this moment is the god-damned server.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I've got alot of projects I'm working on for CP...walkthrough section is pretty low on the list (see CN's post)...

Pepsi Ranger sent me an excellent example walkthrough...and it's looking like the walkthrough section will be a hell of alot of work...

The bam list is written and "working" but I have some more features I want to add to it before I release it...

Group Games has been one of my top priorities...but I keep running into pitfalls when it comes to new features I implement...it's in the works...

A Plotscripting list will also be implemented...I just have to get my ass in gear and finish scripting these features...

Damn Summer Jobs taking time away from my hobbies!!! Ha ha ha!

#1 on my list is CP's new server...hopefully I'll be hosting CP from home come the end of August or early September...we'll see.

Like before, but better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: There's no problem with having a FAQs section. Reply with quote

I don't see any harm it at least having the section up, even on a trial basis. If it turns out that there are 3 FAQs in there for 2 months and it gets 10 hits, then take it back down. Bandwidth doesn't seem to me like it's the issue with text files anyway. I think it would be nice to have the option to submit them (I write FAQs for gamefaqs on occaision and it could be kinda fun.)

-Barret, FFVII

Doby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greenwado
Well, it's just me, what did you expect?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this was said yet but:

You could create a free website from Google-sites. Then make the website your guide site for all your games. Then just put a link to each games guide in its description.

simple right?
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This post is seven years old.
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No point in this thread being open, considering how old it is and it's topic probably isn't even relevant anymore. Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: