Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Help with item switching for my save menu
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bis_senchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: After some tests... Reply with quote

Ok,

I've made some tests and swap menu items appears to be what I need. The only thing left that I still not manage to do is to find my invisible item and turn its bitest "hide if disabled" off.

Could someone tell me how to do it with an example?. The invisible menu item I would like to make visible again is on slot 2 under custom.

Thanks in advance very much for your help!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for the slow response. You are completely right about what the problem is. Menu items are numbered in a very confusing and annoying way: first the visible menu items are numbered, and then the invisible ones follow. So the invisible menu items are temporarily sorted to the end of the menu (but they remember their true ordering when you unhide them). For example, if these are the menu items as they appear in Custom, and the ones marked with * are hidden, then they are numbered as follows:

Code:
0 - Slot1
1 - unused
8 - *data info slot1
2 - Slot2
3 - unused
9 - *data info slot2
4 - Slot3
5 - unused
10 - *data info slot3
6 - Slot4
7 - unused
11 - *data info slot4

Unfortunately there is no script command that lets you retrieve a menu item based on its order in Custom: you have to use the temporary ordering "by visibility" as I described above when using "menu item by slot". (Changing the value of the "visible only" argument does not help!) So I just added a new command: "menu item by true slot"! It should appear in the nightlies if you wait a day. Alternatively, you could try using "find item caption" to find the right menu item.

And I recommend that you use a recent nightly anyway, because of some bugs that were fixed. The bugs cause the numbering of menu items to not be updated immediately.

As for unselectable menu items: they are a lot of work to implement, and I haven't finished them yet. Hopefully in the next couple of days.
bis_senchi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: how come that... Reply with quote

menu item by true slot was what I needed! Thanks for implementing it.

I only have a little problem left. When the bitset is turned off and the switch operation is finished there is still a line in more with a menu item which is hidden.

How come the menu items we put invisible under custom does not appear at all in the menu and the menu items which we turned invisible using plotscripting are still here as a blank line?

Thanks for your help! menu item by true slot will certainly become very handy! Thanks again for implementation!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't think I understand the question. You tried to hide a menu item using scripting, but it's still visible? How did you try to hide it? "set menu item bit", or "set tag" or "set menu item tag", or several of these?
bis_senchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Well in fact... Reply with quote

You don't need to apologise. I'm very good at making myself misunderstood.

My problem is the following :

I managed to make the menu item, which was visible at the beginning of the game invisible using "menu item by true slot" (It's a great thing to have implemented this command)

The little problem left is that a blank line appears where there was the menu item and that I would also like this line to disappear. Any idea about how I could do?

As always thanks a lot for your help!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not happen, it sounds like an engine bug. But I doubt that it is...
I thought that you have blank items in your menu, right? Are you sure that you're not accidentally causing one of these to appear? Also, could you post your script?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum