Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Hi guys (+ some random things that bother me)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More like: Sell Amount = Marketing x Quality

L. O. L. Someone's never heard of Madden.
Joe Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marketing x quality never applied to movies or food, mate.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not? When I don't like the food I don't eat it. If I never heard of the food I don't eat it either. So it applies for me.

@Moogle1
For me Valkyrie Profile had enjoyable gameplay will Dragon Quarter had awful gameplay that made me quit after 5 minutes playing it. I wouldn't consider Valkyrie Profile 2 tactical. It was only about a good setup of equipment and skills and inside battles it was pretty much straight forward button mashing (at least I could finish it like that on the easiest mode). Very enjoyable for me.
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
@Calehay
Well for me, when I read what I wrote I think "nothing is wrong or offensive there" and then you comment below and try to explain why it's still offensive in the end, that's what I meant with "making it seem negative".

Why do you think I did that? Do you think I just want to make your comments look negative, or do you think I might actually have some qualm with them? Hopefully you've seen that I'm not the type of person to do the former.

Quote:
If a game sells pretty good it usually is pretty good.

This makes my brain bleed.

Quote:
It's not like that. Everyone can have whatever opinion. You like puzzle / tactical games more and that's okay with me.

Quote:
And Iblis gave Ends of the Earth a really bad grade? Wow, whoever allowed that review to be released, poor job. ._.

Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that you can't really rate or review a game based on the easiest mode available. Especially when it only involves button mashing.
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can rate any game no matter what, because you can always rate how much you enjoyed the game.

And Calahay, your quotes are again totally unrelated.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Darkmoor Dungeon is not too difficult for me.
You can't even get past the first floor. That's extremely pathetic, and your party is fully equipped to take on the challenge you got stuck on.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably get past the first floor, I beat the aegis shields, but got bored and stopped playing it.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkmoor Dungeon is for the hardcore crowd anyway (VoM is much better for casual RPG players), but it really ticks me off when you say like you can make bosses just as good. I know you'll attempt to prove us all wrong, but it's really a self-focused attitude in my eyes.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I don't bother you claim I'm too stupid and if I prove you wrong you say I've a self-focused attitude, so no matter what I do I'm bad, right?
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Yes. You left the worst possible impressions.

Last night I figured out that you are probably one of those people that only want to associate with 'high class' things, such as artists or genius games, while everything below that are average/below average.

I think my subconscious feelings dictate that you saying you could make battles just like Darkmoor Dungeon is to say that good boss battles are easy to make, and don't constitute much.

So yeah... I am very offended in this thread. Even the good things you have done such as bugtesting for Bloodlust are hard to stomach, because I know you'll use things on that to look down on us in the future.

Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't start off too well then.

The problem is that you don't differentiate between playing and creating a game.

When I play a game I have 'high class' standards out of the simple fact that I only want to play a game I really enjoy playing (like Bloodlust) and not a game that I don't enjoy but the rest of the community likes (like Darkmoor Dungeon).

When I create a game I'm all different than that. I love to help everyone even if he / she isn't very good as long as they want help. Only persons I wouldn't help are those that don't even appreciate my help. I mean I really helped Tamaria a lot with Dreams of Light and Darkness and she isn't the perfect artist either. She asked me for my help and was thankful, that's why I kept helping her.

I don't really think tactical battles are easy to make. I just know that I'm good with that just like I know Moogle is good with that. Of course Moogle is right I don't know all the new OHRRPGCE features, but I'm pretty positive I could learn them fast if I wanted to (and invested some time).

And that still doesn't mean I'm perfect, I often said I'm very very bad in other aspects and don't even plan on getting better in those. Especially graphics and music are something I don't like to do at all and feel no motivation to learn. Plotscripting I could actually learn but I was too lazy all the years (I'm positive about that because I studied computer science and never had problems learning a scripting language in some weeks there).

Anyways, I'm really not looking down on anyone except that you mean if I offer help I must consider that I'm better than the person I offered help to (which might be true but I'm not helping to look down on people, I'm helping because I love to help).
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Darn right, you didn't.

Quote:
The problem is that you don't differentiate between playing and creating a game.
People create the games they want to play, while being flexible so others can play it. Playing games is part of the creation process.

You do not enjoy complex boss battles, apparently. You may be able to technically work the OHR to your advantage in this area, but upon playtesting you would likely tweak the bosses to play how you would need them to, in this case the simplest methods available to the player.

If you are not a decent artist, then you need to fall in line and appreciate that other people are making games despite artistical skill.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm really not looking down on anyone except that you mean if I offer help I must consider that I'm better than the person I offered help to (which might be true but I'm not helping to look down on people, I'm helping because I love to help).
Usually, if people offer help then it's because they know something the person they're helping doesn't. I'm sure you can help newer people, but I doubt you would be able to make the quality games you only want to play.

I think you over complicated yourself, and acted pretty snobbish when it came to game quality, because you're trying to be someone that plays only games he/she enjoys, yet you managed to try and enforce barriers that prevent you from doing that, and at the same time you managed to anger several in the process. You need to fall back, simplify your mind, and lower your standards quite a bit.

Game descriptions should be more than enough to decide what you want to play, not game advertisement or screen shots.

Also, refrain from posting for awhile as to let people forget this happened.

I think it's an issue with dealing with yourself on this one.

Quote:
Chris Hansen strikes
Uh...

Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:

When I play a game I have 'high class' standards out of the simple fact that I only want to play a game I really enjoy playing (like Bloodlust) and not a game that I don't enjoy but the rest of the community likes (like Darkmoor Dungeon).

When I create a game I'm all different than that. I love to help everyone even if he / she isn't very good as long as they want help. Only persons I wouldn't help are those that don't even appreciate my help. I mean I really helped Tamaria a lot with Dreams of Light and Darkness and she isn't the perfect artist either. She asked me for my help and was thankful, that's why I kept helping her.

I don't really think tactical battles are easy to make. I just know that I'm good with that just like I know Moogle is good with that. Of course Moogle is right I don't know all the new OHRRPGCE features, but I'm pretty positive I could learn them fast if I wanted to (and invested some time).

And that still doesn't mean I'm perfect, I often said I'm very very bad in other aspects and don't even plan on getting better in those. Especially graphics and music are something I don't like to do at all and feel no motivation to learn. Plotscripting I could actually learn but I was too lazy all the years (I'm positive about that because I studied computer science and never had problems learning a scripting language in some weeks there).

This is your first decent post and how you should've started things out here.

Well, this was entertaining. Let's get back to making games, gentlemen.
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's absurd that I should stop posting here now only because some people don't understand me. >_>

It's true that I want to play games that are better than anything I could do, I don't see anything wrong with that.

The others things I already tried to explain in all my previous posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: