Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only get borders to work if I double click the .rpg file instead of going through game.exe.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure you don't have two versions of game.exe on your computer?
don't make me come over there

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onlyoneinall wrote:
Has anyone actually tried this feature and tested in GAME? As far as I can tell, it's not working.

Newbie_Power wrote:
I can only get borders to work if I double click the .rpg file instead of going through game.exe.

As Moogle1 has already suggested, this is probably a problem with having more than one version of game.exe. Make sure that you are using a recent nightly build, and not a werewaffle build or something older.

If either of you can confirm a problem with the latest nightly, I will open a bug.
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
Onlyoneinall wrote:
Has anyone actually tried this feature and tested in GAME? As far as I can tell, it's not working.

Newbie_Power wrote:

As Moogle1 has already suggested, this is probably a problem with having more than one version of game.exe. Make sure that you are using a recent nightly build, and not a werewaffle build or something older.

If either of you can confirm a problem with the latest nightly, I will open a bug.

I'm only using the version of game that has the border feature. As Newbie stated, double clicking the RPG file gets the border to work the first time. However, if I open a file from GAME, the borders don't work, except when I restart the game (ie. get a game over) and then the second time, the borders will appear.

Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onlyoneinall wrote:
I'm only using the version of game that has the border feature. As Newbie stated, double clicking the RPG file gets the border to work the first time. However, if I open a file from GAME, the borders don't work, except when I restart the game (ie. get a game over) and then the second time, the borders will appear.

Aha! I found the problem. I use a box border graphics cache, and the browse screen was filling it before any box border data was actually available.

Try tonight's nightly build.
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! It works just fine now. Happy

The Drizzle
Who is the Drizzle?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're dealing with text box settings, it'd be good to standardize (or at least make customizable) the different menu colors. Glaring example, the colors of the currently selected slot on the load screen and save screen are different.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential use of borders:

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie_Power wrote:

..wow,i never thought of it that way. great idea! yes, it's a bit small, but at least it's there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, very clever.

The Drizzle wrote:
While we're dealing with text box settings, it'd be good to standardize (or at least make customizable) the different menu colors. Glaring example, the colors of the currently selected slot on the load screen and save screen are different.

That's done on purpose:
Code:
'load and save menus enjoy different colour schemes
IF loading THEN activec = 2 ELSE activec = 1

As you can see, the load menu uses the textbox 1 colours, and the save menu uses textbox 0 colours. I guess it could be made customisable.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie_Power wrote:

That's awesome. But you should probably fix the spelling on "looking."
Bug finder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Newbie_Power wrote:

GRAMMAR NAZI.

But this brings up an interesting point I'd like to address. The majority of spelling errors come not from my mistake, but from what appears to be the OHR's inability to process my typing correctly. Word processors and such pick up my keystrokes fine, but often times when typing faster, the OHR will skp lettrs and mak me end up havng a bunh of annying typos tht mak me lok bad. :/

As for Newbie's Power, I must say, YOU BEAT ME TO IT (posting the idea that is)!

What I was thinking though is you could have little speech bubbles and icons to symbolize if the text box is speech, a thought, etc. To add to your borders, I would do that next to the portrait (So maybe move the pic to the right or put the bubble at the corner), and also still give it a nifty border.

EDIT: Also consider moving the portrait to the left side. Having the portrait on one side, and the starting point of the dialogue on another conflicts.

Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drizzle wrote:

That was intentional.

I do have plans for a screen that would let you customize the box style for each different box in all the standard menus-- but since I was also hoping to let the same editor customize the size and placement of said boxes too, I t will be complicated, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. I guess I could just do the box styles first, since that is by far the easiest part.

Newbie_Power wrote:

(screenshot with tiny portraits)

*Laugh* that is awesome! Okay, you have pushed me over the brink. I am making real text box portraits a release goal for Xocolatl. I think I have cleaned up the text box related code that it won't be too hard to do now.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Newbie_Power wrote:

You also forgot the word "a".

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: