Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Top 30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khfan15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, since a lot of people seem to be voting for OHR House [Series] instead of the individual chapters (and that sounds like a good idea to me personally) I think it would be good to combine the two. If you voted for individual episodes, could you edit your votes to reflect this? (It'll give you the freedom to add another game!)

Also: Wandering Hamster is currently topping the chart (0_0)! Keep up the votes, everyone!

JSH Land: Official Site of All Things JSH
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAMES:
1. Wandering Hamster - I voted for this one not because I like it, but because of its importance to the OHR community.
2. Purgatory - Seriously...
3. Missing - Very revolutionary...
4. Crescent Dream - Too bad it'll remain unfinished.
5. OHR Date - One of the earliest revolutionary games to appear in the gamelist
6. Boundless Ocean - This is Da Vinci, Picasso, Van gogh, all combined in a game
7. Pitch Black - No need to explain here...
8. Sword of Jade - I would to put this one at the top, but I think the others deserve the spots.
9. OHR House - Oh God, I abandoned Survivor, but I still supported this one...
10. Walthros - Simple, but oh-so great.

AUTHORS
1. JamesPaige - Two words: Almighty Creator
2. Friend - One word: effort.
3. Shadowiii - I actually respect this guy...
4. Moogle - and also this guy..
5. Uncommon - let's not forget this one..
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii wrote:
10. Powerstick Man - Some of the best writing on the OHR. Would like an update, but Pepsi is old and could die any moment.

I nearly fell out of my chair from laughing so hard at this. I'm not THAT old. Though I suppose the latter could still happen.

Don't worry, Shadowiii, it'll happen--the update, I mean. The dying thing will probably be sometime after that, hopefully a long time after.

I'll make a list once I've scoured the Gamelist for my memories.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boundless Ocean - see my Hamsterspeak review
Sword of Jade - see my Castle Paradox review
Missing - see my Castle Paradox review
OHR House 1 & 2 - Fun story. I want to see more!
Purgatory - Inspired me
Walthros - Good storytelling
Wandering Hamster - My first played OHR game... that which brought me here

Friend - See game list
James Paige - OHRRPGCE
JSH357 - OHR House
Surlaw - Hamsterspeak

Komera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aethereal wrote:
2. Wingedmene: Part One

You are nutso. There's nothing to vote for anymore. I am starting anew to take easier advantage of Bob's Failed Assassination the newer OHR features... like layers.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Rinku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sword of Jade
2. Missing
3. Wingedmene
4. Sekai No Owari
5. Evildead: Weird
6. Memoria
7. The Last Blitz
8. Origin
9. Paladus
10. Warriors of Conway

1. Ben Ohki
2. Ramsey (maker of Fat Frog)
3. Ubersteve / Huckdonfonix
4. StellarX
5. Fyrewulff

[The question was who had the most influence on the community, so it'd make sense to pick earlier people.]

"Aeth, I'm curious if you've played anything that was made in the past five years."

Missing was made only about a year ago and it's on his list.

"W:P1 - 1% OMGaudpi! What happened to the percentage? The game's getting a major overhaul, foos!"

Huh? You could have told me that, seeing as I'm co-author and all.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not the question. The question was:
Quote:
Who do you think are the five most 'prolific' OHR users? Which users make the most enjoyable games, have the biggest influence on the community, etc? (To be fair, don't include yourself on this one)

Anyway, I'd have a hard time believing Ben-Ohki had a bigger influence on the community than Huckd, who aside from his direct influence on the community also founded and maintained RPG Online and Operation: OHR, sites which the community mirrors directly today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Rinku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true PHC, I didn't just pick old people at random. It's just that most of the people that are called influential today had precursors. For instance, Inferior Minion probably isn't as influential as Huckd because CP basically is (through intermediaries) RPG-Online.

Also, are you sure Huckd founded Operation: OHR? I thought Cody did that.

I think Ben-Ohki has had longer psychological influence on the community than Huckd did. Ben-Ohki is also the founder of the first OHR "company" and is the precursor (and most powerful example of) OHR drama.
khfan15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even remember who Ben-Ohki is (and I doubt that any of the new users would either). But then, it's an open-ended question. I'm glad to see different results among the votes.

JSH Land: Official Site of All Things JSH
Rinku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say "read your Hist-OHR-y", but it's my fault for being so lazy and not writing them as I said I would. Ben-Ohki is mentioned in the first Hist-OHR-y, though admittedly it doesn't provide the most interesting information about him.

I think you underestimate his fame however: he was in the community for a long while (the first five years or so, out of the OHR's ten), so even people who only joined in 2002 should remember him. I'd be surprised if more than 50% of the people on this board never heard of him.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined in early 2001 and all I know about Ben Ohki is that he apparently whined a lot and almost everybody for one reason or another disliked him. His lasting influence on the community is practically nil. Huck'd undoubtedly had a farther reaching influence, especially seeing that Monterrey Penguin is still considered a landmark title, whereas the number of people I could name who've played Sekai no Owari could be counted on (perhaps less than) one hand. (And, yes, Cody Watts founded Op:OHR, but Huck'd helped maintain it; he was also for a good deal of time one of the only two admins at post-RPGBoard Zant.) But although these people may have fulfilled the roles other people have taken on now, but their legacies have for the most part left the minds of the community. Though they may have at one point been largely influential, nowadays I'd say it's waned a good deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rinku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, but Ben-Ohki also ran the first OHR review site, predating RPG-Online. I don't like him much either, I think he was borderline psychotic when I knew him, but I think he had a strong influence on this community: first review site, first OHR company (arguably a parent company to RPGCreations since its two founding members came out of Insight Games), and a fairly well-thought out but incomplete game (Sekai No Owari) add up to pretty influential to the community to me. He was also one of the most regular personalities on the messageboards, and although that doesn't count for much the community is influenced most by the people who post the most often.
Komera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
"W:P1 - 1% OMGaudpi! What happened to the percentage? The game's getting a major overhaul, foos!"

Huh? You could have told me that, seeing as I'm co-author and all.

I DID! You offered to do the maps, and before that you offered to make me some economizing plotscripts for when I rewrite all the older scripts.

EDIT: And just for the record, there is no such person called Ben-Ohki. This figment of everyone's imagination does not deserve my recognition.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
I forgot to mention, but Ben-Ohki also ran the first OHR review site, predating RPG-Online. I don't like him much either, I think he was borderline psychotic when I knew him, but I think he had a strong influence on this community: first review site, first OHR company (arguably a parent company to RPGCreations since its two founding members came out of Insight Games), and a fairly well-thought out but incomplete game (Sekai No Owari) add up to pretty influential to the community to me. He was also one of the most regular personalities on the messageboards, and although that doesn't count for much the community is influenced most by the people who post the most often.

Except for perhaps the game bit, these were all eventualities that would have happened anyway. Just because someone else makes a company or a review site doesn't mean they were influenced by someone before them that had done the same. Someone would've sooner or later, he just happened to be one of the first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: