Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

An open letter to Inferior Minion.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: An open letter to Inferior Minion. Reply with quote

It has been 21 days since your Common Sense thread was suddenly posted. Your only post about it on the Admin forums was that you'd have new rules up within a week. We are now at the three week mark. In that time, user count, postings, reviews, and game uploads have all dropped. Multiple new forums have appeared, and many former CP members have migrated there. When you changed the mirc channel to #castleparadox, there was an abrupt decrease in people showing up. Suddenly ops like Setu and Squall, who aren't on as often as Uncy and I used to be, are dealing with 90% of the problems.

In your Common Sense post you said these changes needed to made for the community to prosper. Nothing has gotten better, and the longer you wait to implement these new rules, the longer it's going to take for CP to recover. You have made no public or admin only annoucements as to how you plan to improve the website. When I look at Castle Paradox, I see no new coming of a Golden Age. To me, and to many of the people who I have talked to in the last few weeks, it looks like CP is dying.

So Inferior Minion, I ask you, tell me, tell us, tell all the loyal members of Castle Paradox when to expect our shiny new rules to post by to be up. Tell us what great plans you will be setting in motion now that Uncy and I have been removed as admins. Don't leave us in the dark. I'm sure you've been busy these past three weeks, but could you at least set aside a little time to tell us what's going to happen in Castle Paradox's future?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I'm in agreement with CN. You can't just promise revolution, and justice, and things, and then vanish for nearly a month now. I'm willing to hold onto faith in this thing for a bit more, but I must say, ever since it went down, the promised results have fallen far, far, short of expectation.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the announcement of the promised new admins. CP has had more than its share of upsets in these 21 days.
Lets see...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go with this request.

We have been waiting a while. I think that at least a little rundown of what shall be happening would be nice.

2nd Edition out now!
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken, this is finals week for many Colleges, so I doubt IM would really have time to write them up. If that's the case, I would wait one more week. If we don't see any rules by then, may I suggest we adopt a set similar to this one, in terms of the "three strikes" and the similar punishments for breaking rules:

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/support/operationrule.asp

There's quite a few here we could actually use, especially with "disparaging remarks", and the punishments are within reason. Just modify them and voila. And anyone who complains about their first amendment rights or freedom of speech or whatnot being trampled on should note that only applies to the government, not to a private organization, or in this case a server. On a private server, the owners and admins decide what they'll tolerate.
Redmage18***
Has left

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you all lost your fate in IM!? I know IM will do it but you all must understand he's buisy with collage and other stuff. I mean with all do respect CN you can't just barge into this site and post a message about IM not putting up the rules on time. I'm sure you made promises you could'nt keep like your live journal. You say you have CP back in your live journal but now you admit your not a admin. Does this mean you can make fake promises and IM cannot. Even so I have fath (as the octamis I am) that IM will make this site better. Oh ye of little faith shall see.
Wach in a few weeks this forum is going to be the forum it's supposed to be.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM is probally working on them off and on. Because sometimes when he would be online I'd ask him and he told me he was working on em. But either way, they are a long time overdue.
Tsunamidog
banned...but not really.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been waiting, too. Does anyone have any general idea when it might start?

The Above Statement Is False
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread was made to ask that very question, TDog, my man. Raspberry!

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RPGCreations
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Inferior Minion. Reply with quote

Chaos Nyte wrote:
We are now at the three week mark. In that time, user count, postings, reviews, and game uploads have all dropped.

Please make up a chart or graph backing this up. How can CP lose members? Two, postings, reviews, and game uploads have dropped because it's finals week. It has nothing to do with what IM did. From my perspective, everything is pretty much still happening at the same rate. But, I guess it's IM's fault when activity drops at the beginning of next school semester?

Chaos Nte wrote:
Multiple new forums have appeared, and many former CP members have migrated there. When you changed the mirc channel to #castleparadox, there was an abrupt decrease in people showing up. Suddenly ops like Setu and Squall, who aren't on as often as Uncy and I used to be, are dealing with 90% of the problems.

Basically, you want to be OP'd in #cp along with Uncommon so you can ban all those horrible spammers and problems! Oh wait, there are none. The OPs in #castleparadox have been doing things fine. By the way, I have seen neither Setu or Squall do -anything- administrative in that channel, so I think they're okay. And there was a total of one forum that popped up - which was just one big pity party for you and Uncommon. And guess what? He came back.

Chaos Nyte wrote:
In your Common Sense post you said these changes needed to made for the community to prosper. Nothing has gotten better, and the longer you wait to implement these new rules, the longer it's going to take for CP to recover. You have made no public or admin only annoucements as to how you plan to improve the website. When I look at Castle Paradox, I see no new coming of a Golden Age. To me, and to many of the people who I have talked to in the last few weeks, it looks like CP is dying.

I bet that has nothing to do at all with you banning half the OHR users. Besides, it's been almost years. 2 years is about the standard lifespan of a OHRRPGCE website. By the way, have YOU made any public announcements on how YOU would improve the site? Or are you just fine dumping all the responsbility on Inferior Minion now? If you didn't do anything then, why do it now?

Chaos Nyte wrote:
So Inferior Minion, I ask you, tell me, tell us, tell all the loyal members of Castle Paradox when to expect our shiny new rules to post by to be up. Tell us what great plans you will be setting in motion now that Uncy and I have been removed as admins. Don't leave us in the dark. I'm sure you've been busy these past three weeks, but could you at least set aside a little time to tell us what's going to happen in Castle Paradox's future?

Well, since you like to lie on your Livejournal, I'm guessing this is all a stunt put up by IM, and you got your admin rights back 2 weeks ago. Since you know everything, and all.

Ahem.

Want a shovel to help you dig that hole faster?
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How can CP lose members?"

Well, I can think of lots of ways. I hope you're not serious about this. (Yes, I realize that the "user count" can't drop, but you can definitely lose members.)

"By the way, have YOU made any public announcements on how YOU would improve the site?"

A lot of people think that CN did improve the site as an admin.

"...problems! Oh wait, there are none."

Funny! I seem to recall a little problem between you and Giz the other night.
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyre and Redmage-
I wasn't aware either of you read my LJ so avidly, but I'll explain to you. After talking to IM the day of his Common Sense thread, he assured me I'd have my admin status back in a few days. However, like everything else, that has been put on hold. I didn't post about it because I was waiting for him to get around to it, and I didn't mention it in this thread because frankly I'm more concerned about Castle Paradox's well being then my admin powers. I can still accept reviews and can alter the gamelist, but those are now the extent of my powers. Actual behind the scenes stuff, like say, clearing out all the spambot members or finishing up the Reviewer's Guild usergroup, are out of my hands.

Fyre-
By user count I meant actual member's posting. The user count itself will continue to rise of course, we get a new fake spambot member pretty much everyday. Thanks for catching that error. Also, I'm aware many people have Finals this week, I'm merely requesting IM take some time out of his busy day to make a post and tell us what great things to expect and when to expect it. As for Squall and Setu's work, I was refering to behind the scenes stuff on the website itself, warning people, issuing bans, etc, not things in the new mirc channel. Sorry if my wording confused you.

"I bet that has nothing to do at all with you banning half the OHR users."

I don't suppose you have any logs of this, would you? And actually, there's an extensive amount of documentation about improving CP in the Admin forums that I wrote that everyone agrees would be great for the site...but IM hasn't gotten around to adding yet. I haven't publicly posted any of the documents because I thought the changes could be made quicker. Thanks for pointing out that it would be a good idea to post such things, though as of right now I'm certainly in no postion to see them completed.

RedMage, Fyre. I'm not sure why both of you view this thread as an attack on Inferior Minion. I know that both of you are this his friends and are privy to more information about CP's future then most of us, but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't want to know what IM plans for the future of CP too, and when to expect it.
Redmage18***
Has left

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are only doing as you say. But comeone I know how you work you find every mistake Inferior Minion makes so you can get your admin powers back.

Is that how you want to be remembered as somebody that holds grudges and never forgives his friend over a thing as silly as a forum.

But maybe, and hopfully I'm wrong and you just want to reassure that this site does'nt go to hell. Maybe your a good friend and just want IM to lead a good forum. I just hope thats all.

Because if your going to hold a grudge over a forum than you might not under stand why IM took this site over in the first place.

I just hope you can under stand IM.

What drives me up the wall is in your LJ you speak of being buisy and appologise but yet you post this up because IM is buisy.
Huh? hmmm is this what your trying to do? Allow it to where you can be buisy but IM can't.

Once again Mr. CN you showed me hippocracy.

But yet again I could be wrong this could just be a friend looking out for his fello friend. If that is true you are a good friend. If not (I appologise for this) you discust me Mr. CN.
Jazz_Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me someone else sees all the cynicism (maybe the wrong word) in this.

Sure... MAYBE CN is looking out for CP. MAYBE CN is honestly concerned as to where IM's been.

but MAYBE CN is trying to point out every little mistake (I use the term loosely) with a big, "LOOK!! SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LEAVE?"

I move more towards the latter, as I read each post of CN's in this thread as laden with sarcastic asides and insulting commentary (Not directly... he has to be able to deny it later... like after this post, for example)

Anyways, if you don't see it, don't ask me for examples. Because if you don't see it now, or want to see it now, you probably won't. just thought I'd point it out.
Redmage18***
Has left

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I only said that CN is just looking out for IM because...(1) I did'nt want sound rude towards MR.CN (2) I wish I can beleve that CN is looking out for his friend (wich I know he's not lets just face it he wants his forum more than friendship) and (3) So that CN can feel guilt when he sees what I said.

But otherwise (I appologise for this once again) don't count on Mr. CN looking out for IM!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: