Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Elemental Balance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xennith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Elemental Balance Reply with quote

My plot is all about the balance of the elements. The world is divided up into 4 planes: Earth, Fire ,Water and Unity. We exist on the unity plane. The game starts in a small village where a rather large hairy earth elemental called the Krog Lord (because the first enemy you fight is a small furry earth elemental called a Krog) decides to attack the village. Fairly standard so far. Instead of dying, the Krog Lord runs away and dissappears. After this, a voice come from nowhere saying "I will not be beaten so easily!" and a massive earthquake occurs leaving you, a priest of the Unity, and a Pyromancer stranded on the earth plane.

Several thousand years ago, when the only elements that existed were Holy, Fire, Ice, Unholy, Water, Earth and Lightning, a mage called Arvik created his own element, Darkness. With his newfoud power he created the fiest Dragon Azrik. While on his power trip, Arvik inadvertantly created Light because of the laws of polarity dictating all must have its oppostite unless it is completely neutral. Enter Alda, born in the present day, which is of course a medi evil setting. While he no-one knows it yet as he is only 15, he is destined to become the Child of Light. The one fated to come into conflict with the Child of Dark, Arvik. And poor little Alda is only a mediocre swordsman.

The plane of Unity is the only place where Alda and Arvik can co-exist and it isn't called the plane of unity for no reason, both sides will have their own party of followers. Not the way you see in most RPGs where the bad guys are all bumbling fools except for the leader, each of these guys will have equal stats to their counterpart in your party.

I am also thinking of adding a subplot for a second playable character who just gets swept along by the flow before he realises anything is amiss.

Not very origional compared to some, but still I have a great vision for this game.
Xennith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

Errmm... I really do want feedback on this one. Pretty please? Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: