Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Multiple Lives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AxeCrazyOrc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Multiple Lives Reply with quote

A concept I'd like to do is have a character gain a specific status effect, Wounded, on reaching 0 hp. Then, if they reach 0 hp again while Wounded, they die. A character that's wounded can be healed but suffers penalties until they are. A dead character is removed from the game and gone forever.
Does the engine allow for this?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a way to do this in the ohrrpgce's battle system.

It is a good idea though. I wish I could help.
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd do here is to use HP to merely present the state wounded or not. So every hero just has 2 Max HP. When he's at 1 HP it's like he's wounded and when he's at 0 HP he's dead. An after battle plotscript can remove any hero with 0 HP from the party.

Then you'd need to design skills that can only deal 1 HP damage at max but they only deal damage on certain other conditions.

There are various ways you can go about the conditions. One would be to use the DEF stat so that DEF actually works like HP. Attacks reduce DEF and then deal HP damage that is reduced by DEF. Their base damage is 1 and is reduced by DEF so as long as DEF is higher than 1, the HP damage will be 0.

An alternative would be to deal damage through skill chaining and then you can put all the logic in the skill chain condition. "Only chain to 1 HP damage skill if target stat is 0".

Heal skills then again don't restore HP but instead increase DEF / the chain stat.

Edit: I guess skill chaining is actually easier. You can make the 1 HP damage skill always chain to another skill that fully recovers the chain stat again.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can do that, but instead of changing the meaning of the HP and DEF skills there's a simpler way using chaining: use the CTR stat (which does nothing, so you're free to use it for whatever you want) to indicate 'Wounded". Lets say 0 means OK and 1 means wounded

Then as Rya said, make every attack chain to a special sequence of attacks:
-if HP has reached 0 then chain:
-if CTR is 0 (not wounded) then chain:
-heal to full HP and chain:
-increase CTR by 1
-chain to further attacks to cause any debuffs you want

Unfortunately this doesn't work for multi-target attacks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum