Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Compiling Homebrew Executables

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3dsx Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Compiling Homebrew Executables Reply with quote

Have any inroads been made as far as compiling the OHR as a homebrew application? (my interests are primarily in Wii/3ds homebrew, though if other platforms are open that's good news as well)
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling Homebrew Executables Reply with quote

3dsx Guy wrote:
Have any inroads been made as far as compiling the OHR as a homebrew application? (my interests are primarily in Wii/3ds homebrew, though if other platforms are open that's good news as well)

The OHRRPGCE can be compiled for Android devices, and has been successfully compiled for Raspberry Pi.

I have never tried to compile it with Wii or 3DS homebrew toolchains. I don't know how much work it would be to make it happen, but I imagine it is probably possible.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OHRRPGCE has multiple possible audio and graphics backends, including SDL 1.2, SDL_mixer 1.2 and Allegro 4. So first you need a port of one of those. Then you need to compile FreeBASIC for the platform, which might require a little work because it only supports Windows, DOS, Linux/Unix/Mac, Android, and XBox, (and the XBox port has been unmaintained for years).

I see that there is a SDL+SDL_mixer 1.2 port for 3DS, but it's not clear it works, or that anyone is working on it. On the other hand there is an active port of SDL 2.0 to the 3DS. I'd love to write an SDL 2.0 backend for the OHR for easier porting to modern platforms (it actually supports vastly fewer platforms than SDL 1.2).

I would definitely be willing to help someone port the engine, but don't know anything about 3DS or Wii dev, and don't have access to either of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum