Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

ESC not working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: ESC not working. Reply with quote

At first ESC seemed to be working fine, but now inexplicably it seems like the ESC button has stopped working.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about pressing ESC to bring up the main menu in-game? As opposed to ESC in the editor (Custom) or ESC to exit from menus/run from battles in-game?

If so, this is probably because you set a menu-action plotscript in Edit General Game Data->Special Plotscripts. Setting the menu-action script stops ESC from opening the main menu automatically (you have to put "load menu(0)" in your script to do that).
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: My ESC from batle does not seem to be working. Reply with quote

*** Think I just solved it by looking at an old post I made on here. I think the turn based battle system has been switched again somehow, and TMC told me once before you can't run when that happens so that must be it. Happy Seems when I load my file in a newly installed o.h.r.rpg.c.e. it does that.

My problem is the ESC from battle is not working. I looked at the chipset options to see if it was st to ff or on, that wasn't the issue but tried it but darkened and high-lighted and same effect in both cases. Then I thought it might be crazy but perhaps the monsters were set so I could not flee from them but that wasn't the case. So I don't know why ESC isn't working. I did just recently re-install maybe a newer version of o.h.r.rpg.c.e, it hasn't seemed to affect any thing else.

I've been working on this game for 5 years and am hoping to be done this winter! it's the 30th Anniversary of Dragon Quest this year, the inspiration for this mess of a game.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should never go from editing your game with a newer version of the OHRRPGCE to editing it with an older one, if that's what you mean might have happened. That could indeed result in settings changing by themselves.

BTW, it's too bad you never managed to upload Dragon Chaser. I only noticed a few days ago, when I saw that it wasn't on the list of games released in 2015, so it wasn't eligible to be reviewed in the 2015 In Review Contest. That's a contest which we hold every year at Slime Salad, and has the goal of giving feedback on games which didn't get any during the year (an all-to-common occurrence because games get overlooked by default when people upload them to the gamelists here or at SS but don't make a thread about them.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum