Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New guy, new game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vens

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: New guy, new game Reply with quote

Hey yo, I'm Ven (or vens)
I've been working on making stuff in my free time, and I finally put together a halfway coherent demo for my Little Prince game... and got up the courage to post it Oookay...

so, uh. Hi?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome!

The Little Prince eh? This might be the classiest fan-game ever made with the OHRRPGCE :)

I like the way you made clothing change the walkabout sprite.

I did notice a minor bug. When you save and then re-load, your clothing no longer being worn, and there are some warnings in the g_debug.txt file:

Code:
Scripterr(5): setspriteframe: slice handle 6 has already been deleted

Which I am guessing probably means that the clothing overlay slices are not being re-created in an on-load-game script

But that minor issue doesn't break anything, and I can just go back to the wardrobe menu to re-equip things
vens

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... thanks! I didn't catch that one. Time to spend some more time in the scripts. Embarrassed
The wardrobe's the most fun part of the entire game, for me. It's also the number one way to crash the game...

This little fangame is my way of making fun of my partner for not reading the book. "You didn't read my favorite novel? Imma make a game out of it."
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I enjoyed very much your game; nicely presented I wasn't familiar with this fairy tale, so it was interesting to hear it.

(Link to The Little Prince, for convenience)

There were more problems with the wardrobe. When I put on the scarf at first it appeared mispositioned on top of my hear. Also, it seems that it's possible to put on multiple scarves (and they appear at slightly different positions?), and 'Remove All' doesn't remove them all.

As a matter of course I point out to every new member that these forums are almost dead, while most of the OHRRPGCE community only visits slimesalad.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: