Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

So much still to do.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: So much still to do. Reply with quote

Well my stupid game feels close to completion but it seems I keep encountering problems.

I thought when I attacked an enemy it showed the damage, even in excess of the enemies HP. Now it is only showing up to the enemies max HP. I don't know how to switch it back as I liked the previous display better.

Pressing ESC allows you to attempt to flee battle right? It was working and now is no longer working....

And I thought I had a good idea of making spells but now it seems nothing is making sense.

I should have stuck with RPG maker Raspberry!

I think there is a way to upload my game... it's not done and I'm starting to think it never will be because I can't get the simplest things to work. It's wasted a huge amount of time though.

And I can't seem to upload it here or to Slime Salads.

Ha Crying
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't despair! If you can't work something out, just ask instead of giving up. (But I recommend asking on SS instead so that people other than me will also see your question. Even I no longer check this forum every day.)

I see that Attack 0, called "Attack", has the damage bitset "Don't allow damage to exceed target stat". That is why the damage is capped to the enemy's current HP.

Holding ESC to run from battles only works for active-time battles, not turn-based battles as you're using. It wouldn't make sense in the case of turn-based battles. Instead, you should give each hero an attack which leaves or attempts to leave battle. You can add it directly to the battle menu for each hero as a "specific attack" called "Run"'. Then you can set the chance of success by using conditional attack chains.

Do you mean that you have trouble understanding the attack editor, or that you're not sure how to design spells and attacks? I could definitely understand either; the attack editor is pretty complex. If you described exactly what kind of attack you want we could tell you how to do it if possible. Maybe someone could also recommend a tutorial somewhere.

You're right that uploading files to CP seems to be broken, at least when using firefox 38. I tried several files and got:
Code:
Wrong File Type multipart/x-zip

DEBUG MODE

multipart/x-zip

Line : 59
File : uploadgame.php

However I tried uploading a game to Slime Salad and there was no problem. Were you confused about how to do so? You need to create a "New Topic" in the Games forum, and add an attachment to your post/game.
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how either of them got switched, it was active time battles and damage did exceed stats... you can't escape turn based battles? My brain is burnt out I guess, that doesn't make sense.

The attack editor... guess so.

Couldn't get the file to upload at Slime Salad either as you described.

making this game has felt like 4 years banging my head against a brick wall for no reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum