Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Is anyone interested in contributing to a pixel art book?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheamkennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Is anyone interested in contributing to a pixel art book? Reply with quote

***This thread has been copied over from Slime Salad since it pertains to all OHRRPGCE users. The original thread is here:http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6180

Lately I've been having the idea that I want to create a pixel art book of my own, and self publish it as well as make it available to download as an ebook. I have determined that this would require me to make a lot of artwork, and could be very time consuming. But then I thought: How about I create a compilation pixel art book which shows off the work of many artists? And what better place to ask for artist submissions than here!

So this is my plan:
-If I get enough users willing to submit a mini-portfolio of artwork to make up the book, then I will proceed with publishing it.
-I figure if about 10 people are willing to take part in this, and everyone submits 3-4 pieces of artwork, then I'll have the right amount of material to make up the compilation.

What's in it for you?
-You can brag about being in a book!
-If you take part, you will get your own section in the book devoted to showing off your artwork.
-You will also get a write-up which will include things like: your name, an about section, your contact information, etc... This will allow other people to get to know you, and contact you if you so choose, or link people to your website or ongoing project.
-I will make this compilation 'free' as an ebook so people can get a lot of exposure, and everyone can access it once completed.
-I will make this book for sale as a print, and redirect any, and all profit towards the community (I'll have to ask Bob the best way of doing so, since I can't seem to find a donation button on the site).

If you want to take part then do the following:
-Leave a comment below saying that you are interested. Once I see that a fair amount of people are interested I will then supply everyone with the maximum image sizes to work with for their art, I will also gather information on how everyone wants their mini-portfolio description to appear in the book, etc...

DON'T START MAKING ART YET. I NEED TO KNOW IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED BEFORE GOING THROUGH WITH THIS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: