Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

POWERSTAR GAME UPDATE LOG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powerstar

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: POWERSTAR GAME UPDATE LOG Reply with quote

COME SEE THIS POST EVERYDAY TO CHECK ON MY GAME UPDATES.
MAJOR UPDATE!!!!
COMING SOON!!
MAJOR UPDATE!!!
COMING SOON!!!

ROGUE major UPDATE:
SAVE ALLOWED
GRAPHICS UPDATED
ADDED NEW MAP
RANDO BATTLES.

TESTUEDO UPDATE:
NONE YET.

NEW GAME!!!!
Sly FOX

Last edited by Powerstar on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please not create new threads every day about your games? This is much better: a single thread in which to post game updates.

Also, most people get annoyed if you type in all caps because by internet convention it means YOU ARE SHOUTING AT THEM
Powerstar

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Oooooooh....ok Reply with quote

lol thanks for that TMC, also my bro told me to have one thread with all my stuff in it.. he is logged into slimesalad Ha ha ha!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, ok.

So what's new? Don't tell me you didn't do anything today?!
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I poked around at your games just now and noticed that you seem to have ripped some graphics from my game The K'hyurbhi Lands. Now, you may not know, but... just because some OHRRPGCE games (such as Vikings of Midgard) come with an "everything in this game is free to use" rule doesn't mean all of them do. Graphics used in my games are not open for public use to anyone who wants them.

Seems like it's mainly Rogue that has that problem (a lot of maptiles "borrowed" directly from The K'hyurbhi Lands, battle background made up of TKL tiles), but Testuedo has a few things taken from TKL also (I noticed the castle battle background was taken from TKL at least.)

Using an edited version of the Link sprites I made for Testuedo's character is fine (since the Link sprites were put out there for anyone who wanted them), but TKL's graphics were never intended to be used in any game but TKL, by anyone but me. I mean, it's not quite as bad in this case since you only used maptiles rather than hero/enemy sprites (which are definitely off limits), but still--it is not okay to just grab graphics from somebody's game without even asking for permission or anything (unless, as is the case with Vikings, the graphics are specifically stated to be free to use.) You did give me credit in your readme files, but... that doesn't quite cut it when you're not even supposed to be using those graphics in the first place.

I did make some 8-bit style sprites and tiles that are available for anyone to use, though; I submitted them to an issue of Hamsterspeak a while back, just like the Link sprite that you recolored/edited to make the character from Testuedo. They can be found here. There aren't any indoor house tiles here, but... how about trying to make some of your own?
Powerstar

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: YEA Reply with quote

yea i gave u credit for it...... i always write where i get the graphics and music from....Sorry if that offended u... Oookay...
FnrrfYgmSchnish

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and that's better than trying to claim you made them or just not giving credit... but still, the problem is that The K'hyurbhi Lands' graphics aren't supposed to be grabbed and used by whoever wants them.

If someone doesn't say that it's okay to use the graphics from one of their games, assume it's not okay to use them. At the very least ask permission before just grabbing them. I'd suggest you replace the TKL graphics in your games with something else by the next time you upload a new version, either graphics that are free-to-use or something you made yourself.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is important to ask permission for graphics-- just because Vikings of Midgard and a few other games give permission to everybody, does not mean you can always make the same assumption about other games.

Are you interested in learning to make your own sprite art? it may seem hard at first, but it can be pretty fun.
Powerstar

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Ok..Im sorry FNRRFYGMSCHNISCH for taking your graphics. Reply with quote

Hmmm, ill only use it for rogue... other games ill have my own. I've learn't my
lesson. Never take graphics without asking..... so can i borrow the graphics for roguee, and only for rogue
FnrrfYgmSchnish

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so can i borrow the graphics for roguee, and only for rogue

As I've said before, the graphics from The K'hyurbhi Lands are not for other people to use. This doesn't mean "I'll let other people use them if they ask"... it means "if you aren't me, don't use them. period."

From what I saw of the demo version, though, most of the TKL graphics you used (the houses with blue roofs, beach sand, trees, bridges) have equivalents in one of the tilesets from the free graphics pack I linked earlier... so if you'd still like to have graphics in a similar style those should work. That does mean you won't have "inside house" tiles, but... again, try making some of your own! Even just recoloring some of the free sprites (changing outer house walls to a different color for inner house walls, turning path/dirt tiles into inside floor?) would be a good start.
Powerstar

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you haven't got my update huh, well fnrr, i finally made my own graphics
from yours but changed everything.... still yet to upload... im changing every-
thing.... I understand... K'hyurbhi lands graphics are only for k'hyubhi lands.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to learn this sort of thing sooner, rather than later. Ha ha ha!

Good thing you were informed before getting TOO far with your games!
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Powerstar

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major update coming soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: