Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Feature request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjkrzak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote

'cause it never hurts to ask, right?

1. Blank attacker animation - I'm messing with a bit of a kludgy workaround to the fixed amount of combat sprite slots. I've noted that if you set the attacker animation to null, then do an attack on self that overlaps the null frame, you can fake having more character animations. Thing is, you have to overlap pretty exactly, and this limits how dynamic you can get. Were there a blank attacker animation that lasted as long as the attack itself, you essentially get 3 free animation frames to do whatever. I'd like that.

2. Beam Attack Animations - Want me some lasers! Or a flamethrower! Something like the wave attack, except one that starts at the character and extends to the target.

Whether you do it or not, it is fun playing with the OHRRPGCE. You'd think one of these years I'd come out with something... oh well.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An "invisible" or "hide" attacker animation seems reasonable enough.

Beam attack animations is a good idea. I think there should be three variants: a straight beam which moves from the attacker to the target, a beam from the attacker through the target and continuing off the screen, and a flamethrower animation where the individual elements spread out randomly rather than moving in a straight line. Could also have target-to-attacker direction inversions.

I think that the battle animation system needs a major overhaul to convert it to slices (a pre-requisite to complete battle scripting). So that would be a good time to look at adding new animations.

No promises.
mjkrzak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never expected any. Pasta at the wall.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC wrote:
I think that the battle animation system needs a major overhaul to convert it to slices (a pre-requisite to complete battle scripting). So that would be a good time to look at adding new animations.

No promises.

I CAN ONLY HOPE!!! Because, my God! My heart leapt at the prospect!
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, at battlescripting? But I thought you were complaining about writing scripts and other advanced features being too difficult!
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC wrote:
What, at battlescripting? But I thought you were complaining about writing scripts and other advanced features being too difficult!

Was that me? Really confused

I meant the additional battle animations. Oookay...
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK. I assume you're interested in being able to animate things freely in general rather than specifically the attack animations I mentioned.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC wrote:

No promises.

Just putting this out there, but if I have to learn how to use slices to use the default battle system, then my days as an OHR game maker are pretty much over. Oookay...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:

Just putting this out there, but if I have to learn how to use slices to use the default battle system, then my days as an OHR game maker are pretty much over. ^^;

I should clarify that this is *NOT* the plan.

When we talk about switching the battle system over to use slices, we mean behind-the-scenes changes.

These are behind the scenes changes that are needed to eventually support battlescripting, but that doesn't mean any of the current features would stop working, or that you would be forced to understand slices to use the battle engine.
Chronoas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking about potential new battle animations, I'd like to chime in with a request for one I've always thought would be useful. I've been thinking that a 'full screen' animation would be nice to have.

For example, if I want to have an attack that hits all the opponents, and just have the attack animation a big explosion on the enemy side of the screen.

Or, if I want to have a 'summons', I can, for example, animate a dragon on the right side of the screen, with it breathing fire towards the left side of the screen (at the enemies).

The only problem being that it would have to be a different size to the current attack animations in the program. Could be done with background screens, I suppose, which I imagine could then be done with battle-scripting anyway, once that's complete. Just throwing it out there.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one or the other. I'm not sure which I prefer. Large animations might be cumbersome, but would be more consistent than using backdrops.
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to have "touch" attacks where the character dashes in and uses his Cast frame instead of his Attack frames. Likewise teleport-cast, standing strike, spinning cast, and so on.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC wrote:
Ah, OK. I assume you're interested in being able to animate things freely in general rather than specifically the attack animations I mentioned.

Yes indeed! Or, at least, some more frames to work with. Oookay...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum