Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

COME TO SLIMESALAD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost feel a little bit insulted that some people think I might secretly be Barnabus. (Seriously, I'm probably the number-one hater for most of those 30 "games" he suddenly dropped on Slime Salad out of nowhere. Almost to the point where I feel physically ill every time "all the games" shows up in top 10/15/30 voting...)

...and by the way, what manga are those things made from? They definitely seem like some pre-existing series with the word bubbles changed, but I don't recognize it at all.
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can rule me out too.

Even though I wasn't up for consideration.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulz. Already on SlimeSalad.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us are.

Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go over there. There's always gross people talking about circlejerks and clusterfucks and rutabagas. It's a sick place.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:
{clever cover story}
...and by the way, what manga are those things made from? They definitely seem like some pre-existing series with the word bubbles changed, but I don't recognize it at all.

I drew them. Oookay...

nate wrote:
not I

Yea... no offense, but your scripting powers are no match for whoever is behind the works of barnabus, and I doubt you're just secretly holding back with your scripting just for a joke.
Though, I could respect that.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All further OHRirc comics will be posted on SLIMESALAD!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, a thing to convince me to go there!

Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already wanted to ask what those comics have to do with going to slime salad.

But still, if I go there, it'll just be the same, I want to help people, but they can't take criticism and then everyone hates me and I get banned. No thank you.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a game review contest going on over on SlimeSalad, Rya. If you want to post your comments/screenshots whatever about games over here, I'd be happy to link them to the Review Thread on SlimeSalad where you can get credit. Sometimes people gotta hear the harsh truth, they NEED to hear it to be able to grow.

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5766&start=0 thread here for deets
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it was all an elaborate plot by Spoonweaver to build up a fanbase and then get them to move to SS!
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, contests aren't really my thing.

Also most finished OHRRPGCE games look so horrible that I don't even want to try them at all. Or they aren't RPG at all. And all the others aren't finished.

The last one I seriously played was Dungeonmen and even though he art style and game idea was great it was so uncredibly buggy, that I could send 3 pages full of bug lists to Harlock (and I'm pretty sure those are still not fixed, at least I didn't hear about an update since). Another problem of this game is that it gives the player at the beginning too many options. Selecting one of many weapon types which are basically all the same really, those slightly different stats will hardly make a different anyway, why force such decision on the player at all? Especially at the beginning. No hints in the manual about what weapon to pick. Not to mention that certain equipment combinations were simply the best for all classes... classes actually didn't make much difference. It's not like you want your Wizard were light armor and your Warrior heavy armor. There were no properties particularly useful for a class. Warrior need MP just as much as Wizard. And Wizards need good defense as much as Warriors.
At it's current state I'd rate it 3/5 stars. With the bugs fixed it would be at least 4/5 and if the equipment system would be improved probably even 5/5.

I also played a game TMC recommended me because it was finished and a real RPG. I don't really remember its name, let me check... oh yeah Stone Wings! Yeah well it sounded great a 20+ hours RPG and finished and the graphics weren't that good but at least bearable. But man was that game unbalanced and buggy. At the very start you go into a region where you can't even win any battle, you will have to run, because you have no equip yet. Nowhere does the game indicate that you are supposed to run away from all battles in that dungeon. Then you get equipment and have to go through the dungeon again (it's not that big so the backtracking isn't too big of an issue), now with the equipment you are actually a hundred times stronger and can easily bash through the monsters. Where is the balance? Battles had no strategy at that point yet, but of course I haven't played far enough to tell if it gets better.
The game has certain game scenes in which you can also save your progress, however if you reload the game at that point you are stuck! The script won't execute again so you will missing the second half of the script that's supposed to teleport you somewhere. So you can lose your game progress forever if you save during a scene. After the first area, there was no more wallmapping AT ALL. You could walk on water and on mountains and skip all the parts of the game you were supposed to visit, though eventually there will be super hard monsters that will stop you from exploring further. The massive amounts of bugs made me gave up on it. This game needs so much more bugtesting and someone who knows how to balance battles and make them interesting.
Only 2/5 from me and that's already being nice and getting one bonus star just for the acceptable graphics and the fact it's an RPG and finished.

Anyway, if you want me to test a game I'd do it if:
a) It's finished (content-wise! beta versions for testing are fine).
b) It's an RPG (the more RPG it is, the better).
c) It's at least somehow appealing, either having nice graphics (one screenshot of walkabout and one screenshot of battle is enough for me to determine that) or has such a great gameplay idea that I just want to try it out despite not liking the graphics.

Just give me the name and the two screenshots and I'll check it.

Also if Motrya ever gets finished I'll play it for sure, but I'll most likely review it on RMN.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: