Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR Domain : 1st Edition released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, If you want it - you can do it. This is a community input magazine, not the KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN input magazine.

I really would dig an interview with friend to be in the next issue - A sort of post game release interview... interesting. If no one else does it - I shall pull up the socks and make myself do it.

2nd Edition out now!
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got an idea for a small contest for the site.. kind of like a memory game thats targeted for people who are familiar with a lot of the games around here...

...but anyways, i'll just show a random screenshot/sprite/tile from a random game and people have to guess exactly which game it's from.

if you think this is a good idea, then i'll start it up this friday so people will have a week to guess.
Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally sent Orchy interview questions, but he never finished them. Raspberry!
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like the picture idea... Interesting...

Get Orchy to finish that interview then...

2nd Edition out now!
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email for content is changed from paulmyb@thepub.co.za to ohrdomain@castleparadox.com...

Please remember this and ignore the notes on the current OHR domain with the old email.

2nd Edition out now!
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please suggest some links to put in the link bar for the next edition...

If you would like to feature your site - Please just place it here.

2nd Edition out now!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this thread takes me back. For a long time I wanted to reply to this, but the "no reviving posts more than a couple hours inactive" thing started getting slapped against me in time for it to be "too old" when I got back from my first unbanning, so I didn't respond to it. Now this thread might stop haunting my members.

[quote="The Wobbler"]Also, Wolf's Quest looks hilariously shitty (Majikku? MAJIKKU?!).

Majikku = Necromancy. If I was enough more of a weaboo to know the word at the time, I would have gone with Shiromaho (shiro maho[u], white magic). And yes, it is just as hilariously shitty as it looks :3

The Wobbler wrote:
I enjoy reviews of horrible games.

You're far from alone, the Wobller formerly known as Surlaw formerly known as PHC. In particular, I loved your reviews of my horrible games.

Iblis wrote:
Now, I'm not really recommending that you play it. It just goes downhill from there. This is the kind of thing you have ahead of you:

Slightly misleading. Most of my "cutscenes" were just textboxes, that was basically the only one to involve a backdrop. If your image wasn't dead, the fact that I had beaten Astos in FFH shortly before writing that villain could have been possibly deduced (correctly).

Battleblaze wrote:
If someone is going to attempt a christain game good for them...but it dosen't make too much sense to star a wolf as the hero...

I have a long answer for this, and had the same one a decade ago. But I will say it makes no less sense than using talking vegetables to reenact Bible stories.

Battleblaze wrote:
Does christian death insurance cover furries?!

Same question can be asked of fairies, genies, elves, dwarves, androids, or any other non-human that demonstrates human-like free will, morality, and flaws. Exploring such questions is a valid basis for storytelling and exploration. My mom's personal conclusion is no, mine is yes, and so far as I know the Bible actually says nothing on the subject.

As an aside, the lore for the original Wolf's Quest states that Wolf and his animal friends are humans subject to a "curse" that makes them look cuter and has no obvious drawbacks - well, elf/dwarf hybrid in Wolf's case and pixie in Foxi's. Wait, did I forget to put that lore file in the game's ZIP? I might have, and nobody would have read it anyway.

Battleblaze wrote:
Not to mention the whole game looks like a 1985 attempt atVirtual Reality...

"The whole game" meaning "the battles and maptiles in the citadel of evil located in The Void". Being compared to 1985, however, I take as a great compliment since that's actually the decade I was aiming for.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think reviving a long dead thread to respond to a review of your game is reasonable. Not so much most of the other threads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: