Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Making a door script without fade out/fade in?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheamkennedy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Making a door script without fade out/fade in? Reply with quote

I was wondering if it is possible to make my own door script. The normal in-editor doors are fine for most purposes but I wanted to know if I could make my own without any fading? This is more of a curiosity than anything, I'd just like to see if it changes a visual problem that has been bothering me with the current doors I have in this specific map of mine.
The Abominable Doctor Zee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of ways to do it, but most of them would hnge around step-on npcs and this plotscripting command: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/docs/plotdict.xml#about-teleporttomap
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What The Abominable Doctor Zee says was true all the way up until very recently.

In the latest versions there is actually a new command "door at spot(x, y)" that lets you check to see if a door exists at a given location. You can use this in an each-step script to manually script your doors if you want to.

(altough honestly this method is *almost* as much work as the invisible step-on NPC method)
sheamkennedy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thank you.
BMR
Aspiring Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just not use the in-editor doors altogether. Have a long list in your each-step script that checks if the player is at a certain X,Y coordinates. If the player is, then have it fire a script. That way, you don't have to bother about placing anything on the map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum