Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Stats Spreadsheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMR
Aspiring Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Stats Spreadsheet Reply with quote

I don't know if this is already available somewhere else, but I thought I'd share this with the community. It's a rough spreadsheet that I use to give me an estimation of the stats enemies/monsters should have at any point in the game. The only problem then is estimating just what level the heroes should be at that point in the game.

Again, I don't know just how useful this will be, but here it is: http://wiki.ld2i.net/images/Character%20Progression%20Chart%20%28v2%29.xls

There are three sheets, the first sheet is just some basic data. You can change the BLUE text, but on this sheet, it works well enough to leave things as they are.

The second sheet is a large table of all the stat values from Level 1 to Level 99. Here, you can get an overview of what the stats should be at each level. I use the formula provided on the wiki (http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/How_do_stats_increase_at_level_up%3F) for these calculations, but as the wiki, says, these values can change with equipment, items, etc... At the top, there is some blue text. For TYPE, you can change the value to Pathetic, V. Weak, Weak, Average, Strong, V. Strong, and Epic. For PROGRESSION you can change the values to V. Slow, Slow, Average, V. Fast, and Fast.

The table will then adjust. You could have, for example, an enemy with WEAK strength, and FAST strength progression. This means that his base STR is pretty low, but gains STR faster than an average person would. This results in a higher max STR than a similar monster with SLOW progression. A monster with AVERAGE strength however, will still have a higher value.

The last sheet will probably be the most useful (if at all). Like the second sheet, you can also adjust the values of TYPE and PROGRESSION. But rather than having to look through a large table, you can just input the Level of the baddie. Here, you can also modify the general difficulty of the monster. You could thus have a creature set for Level 5, but set the difficulty to Impossible to get an idea of the stats of the monster.

Well, that's all from me for now, if there's anything I can do to improve the spreadsheet, or if it's utterly useless, just let me know.

Cheers!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also spreadsheets uploaded to the game list here, here, and here. You might be interested in comparing.

I don't have Libre/OpenOffice, so I opened the spreadsheet in KSpread, and sheets 2 and 3 don't seem to be working... for example, on sheet 2, all fields aside from level 0 and level 99 are zeroes. Looks kind of useful (however I don't personally have a use for it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: