Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Collab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMR
Aspiring Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Collab Reply with quote

So, been putting together ideas, dialogue, artwork, etc... Just testing the waters right now though, how open anyone would be to doing a collab? I know it's bad form to ask anyone to jump onto a project without showing any effort or work to start with, so I'm not going to ask. Just wondering what the general community feel/air is about collabs at the moment.

Cheers!
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, many members of the community enjoy collaborating in projects, and do so regularly. Maybe if you post some general themes and ideas you might whet some appetites for game design!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be mentioned that there is a week long random-collaborator contest happening in a few days. Good stepping stone to working with someone in the future on a bigger project. See here. (Since you asked about it: the months-long random collab contest before that was a total failure. Collaborations fail frequently.)

Leaving aside contests, a great many games are made in collaboration. Most people look for someone else to help them make their games, so if you're willing to do the opposite, it's not hard to find a partner!
BMR
Aspiring Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. I find that I'm OK at tilemaps, and I like to think that I'm a competent writer and plotter. On the other hand, I'm horrible at music, am only passable with spriting, and my plotscripting leaves quite a bit to be desired, hehehe. Still, I taught myself how to program computers in grade school back in the 90s, so I guess I should be able to handle plotscripting well enough if I actually stick my nose into it.
BMR
Aspiring Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Went off to Slime Salad to register and join up with the collab competition, but for some reason I can't seem to register... The site just comes up to a blank page, no confirmation or anything. Any ideas?

Edit: Whoops! It just worked on my fourth attempt. Strange...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: