Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Evil Unleashed: The official Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Evil Unleashed: The official Forum Reply with quote

Well, it HAS been a long time since I had anything posted on here. Anyway, I'm just back to tell all the ppl who still go to CP that the Doom RPG is still on track and being made, with some kick-arse maps I might add. Nothing too big, and some of the architecture is quite amazing. Based now off of the original story for Doom by Tom Hall, the episode list now consists of the one from the Doom Alphas, including most of the maps as well.

Fight from the infested Hangar II from Tei Tenga's Lightside to the depths of the Anomaly itself. Scavenge for ammo in all areas, with great un-linear gameplay. Battle progressingly harder creatures and demonic entities on your way. Schmooze with comrades at the scattered uninfested bases. Hire mercenaries and new marines.

Doom : Evil Unleashed - Where the sanest place on the world is behind the trigger of a gun.

Here are some great screenshots of the game in development:

If you haven't played Evil Unleashed yet, try the demo! The full version won't be out until everything's done, like the maps, NPCs, story and such. But for right now, experience a great deal of action when you play the demo, which consists of over 50 areas, lots of weapons, enemies, and secrets to get you started!

Good Luck if you do play it!

AAAACEEEESS HIIIIIIIGH!!!!
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pixel style totally reminds me of Ends of the Earth 2 mixed with Bloodlust. You aren't Valkayree, are you?

Some comments:
- it looks like the dungeons seem to be very linear, almost no branches
- try to make the lava tiles look more united instead of making the grid so visible

Other than that, keep up the good work. :-)
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd explained this on the SS IRC the other day.

Those maps are actually multiple maps put together, by using print screen and using Paint to connect them.

Some of the maps however, like "The Anomaly", are supposed to be linear. The Anomaly, the Hell portion that is, is just about completely linear, since it serves as a boss battle collaboration map for the episode.

Other maps, like the Tei Tenga Lightside Hangar (not shown), are extremely non-linear, and still keeps its realistic background.

If you want to see for yourself, there's a great deal to see from just the demo. With the non-linearity of the gameplay, I've been told that it took some people hours to beat just the demo, which ends at the end of the Darkside Nuclear Plant.

The newest version's on Slime Salad, you can probably DL it from there, since it has the most recent features, under the name Doom: Evil Unleashed, or a name like it.
----------------------------------------

-Oh, and those aren't lava tiles, they're crackling hot rock tiles, but I will fix them.

-Also, never heard of Valkaryree, sorry! Ha ha ha!

TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos from beyond the Darkside Anomaly...

Flesh pouring from the walls?

Huge stone demonic gateways?

A dark and flesh-massed place filled to the brim with Demons, Spectres, Imps and the like?

Definitely your typical day on the shores of Hell itself.

There's still much work to do with this game. Slowly but surely, this game is getting made...

TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are pretty nice tiles, except the rock walls are extremely gridy. Aside from fixing that, I suggest using more than one tile, and mixing them up randomly. Also, I think there are some problems with depth in your last screenshot: the wall that opening cuts into to its right is visually very confusing because the tiles above and below the notch look continuous, but logically the lower portion is actually in front of the upper portion.
TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I fix the perspective on it then? I'm looking at it myself and it doesn't seem right.

anti jack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSpazztikOne wrote:
How would I fix the perspective on it then? I'm looking at it myself and it doesn't seem right.

Rather than making the sides of the cave angled, have them run straight down.
TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay then. That makes more sense. Thanks Jack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: