Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

2011 OHRRPGCE 48 hour contest (and also Ludum dare)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: 2011 OHRRPGCE 48 hour contest (and also Ludum dare) Reply with quote

I propose that we, the OHRRPGCE community hold another 48 hour game making contests

This time, I would like to run our 48 hour contest simultaneously with the Ludum Dare 48 hour contest, and to share whatever theme they announce. This allows anybody who makes a solo game to enter it into the ludumdare contest too.

=OHRRPGCE 2011 48 hour Contest Rules (proposed)=
* Contest to run the weekend of August 19th-22nd 2011
* Entries are strongly encouraged to sign up for Ludum Dare too, if they qualify according to the Ludum Dare contest rules.
* If you want to participate in a team instead of solo, or ignore the Ludum Dare theme, you can still participate in the OHRRPGCE half of the contest, and in our own separate voting.

=Prizes=
* I will offer a bugfix/feature-request prize to the winner, in the same style as the FYDG contest
* If anybody else wants to volunteer any prizes, just say so.

(my apologizes if I am stepping on the toes of anyone else who was hoping to host/announce a 48 hour contest this year)
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are about a week away from this contest. I am excited.

How many people are planning on participating in the OHRRPGCE 2011 48 Hour contest? (and of those, how many plan on co-entering in the Ludumdare contest?)

Not that you have to declare now or anything. Last minute decisions are still welcome :)
jcenterprises

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am. Is it recommended that we use the most current version of ohr for this, since I'm a little cautious about getting the new version right away since Ypsiliform had that .wav import problem.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zenzizenzic release is more stable than the Ypsiliform release.

You can use whatever version you want, although I suggest including a copy of game.exe of the version you created with (also include the .dll files)

This especially important if you are entering in ludumdare too, since most of the judges will have no idea hpow to play an OHRRPGCE game if you don't include an exe file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: