Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Mac OS X port
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome! I had no idea all of that stuff was already there, but that still is a lot of work left!

Will it support 'overlapping characters' (for lack of a better word), like letting the tail of a lowercase q go under the next letter? Or a comma tail go slightly under the previous letter?

How customizable is font size?

That seems like enough for me to stop my scripted font, though I'll probably release a demo anyway.

Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit, I get excited.

And I do not have any access to a 10.5 machine, its sadly been updated. So. I'll be waiting patiently on a new Mac build. Thanks so much!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlapping characters: yes, font size: no limits currently, though in practice probably limited by screen space in the font editor.

ShakeyAir wrote:
That seems like enough for me to stop my scripted font, though I'll probably release a demo anyway.
Wuh? I thought my description gave a clear impression of "could be a while" -- though I'll probably enable markup first, and new fonts later.

Since we're (hopefully) quite close to Z. I'll try to upload new builds frequently. Should be doing that anyway, but there hasn't been any development in a long time anyway.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Wuh? I thought my description gave a clear impression of "could be a while" -- though I'll probably enable markup first, and new fonts later.

I am a slow worker. Sounded like it would be within a year from now, which is good enough for me.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, updated. This is actually a 5 days old. I almost switched to an in-development version of SDL 1.2 which I compiled from source, but then I realised I had not actually tested it at all. I'll package a new version, probably on Monday, with the updated SDL and would like some help testing that for the official Zenzizenic release.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Awesome Awesome. I can't wait to play with backdrop slices!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't upload a new testing version last week because at the end of each day I had always left it in an unreleasable state. But I just finished off the Zenzizenic fixes and emailed the release to James. For completeness I've added a list of changes to the first post. From now on I'll try to build new "nightlies" semi-regularily (say, weekly, but I probably won't bother if there haven't been any nontrivial changes), and I'll get James to stick them with all the other nightlies. So I won't mention updates here unless there's some Mac-specific change I want to draw attention to.

Zenzizenic is compiled with the newer version of SDL that I mentioned. I wonder whether it makes any difference to your problems with Spaces and so on (I doubt it though).
angros47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A port of Freebasic on Mac is really interesting.

Have you already posted something about it on FreeBasic forum? Maybe, you could get some help in this task.

On FreeBasic forum, nobody knew about your work until few days ago, and this was a shame.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon after I got my FB port working, which is just a collection of disgusting kludges, parkovski announced that he'd created an AT&T syntax assembly emitter, with just a few bugs left to fix, which is the proper and probably best way to port FB to OS X. I talked about my port in his thread. I don't follow the FB forums, so I don't know how that's been progressing. The GCC emitter is another better way to achieve an OSX port, but it looks like it's years off being able to compile the OHRRPGCE.

I haven't worked on my port since, mostly because I've had almost no access to an OS 10.5 Mac since November unless I sneak onto a Master's student's computer (and I didn't even have access to the building over the summer break), and no access to OS 10.6 at all. Oh yeah, not to mention the stupid new 350MB disk quota which forced me to delete all my FB-port-related files. So I've been concentrating on the OHR port. I was going to create a git repository for the patched FB source, but was roadblocked by git-svn problems, and forgot about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: