Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Want exposure?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firstdropshow

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Want exposure? Reply with quote

I know OHRRPGCE is a very niche program so I decided to extend my "contest" here Happy

I currently run a website that is dedicated to indie/lesser known games and game developers and I would love to play your game and give you some recognition! '

I am a really big fan of indie games as you can see and I'm offering a spotlight for your game and an interview with you!

During the month of May I will be taking all game submissions via email and/or skype for playing and reviewing. If I feel your game deserves a spotlight and an interview I will contact you back with setting it up and everything. If you aren't selected don't worry! I will give you an honorable mention at the end of June. All completed articles with interviews and everything will be posted during the month of June.

For more information including the email address and Skype username click here
Voltire
Yep.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this gets the OHR exposure, then someone should do it. James, JSH, Fenrir?
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is really exciting! Somebody submit something!
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firstdropshow

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received an email from James Paige, one of the authors of OHRRPGCE, and he submitted 4 games, 2 of which are made with OHRRPGCE, however he stated this:
Quote:

I really hope some other OHRRPGCE users submit their games to you. The
OHRRPGCE is designed for RPG games, so the two I am submitting are not
good representations of what it specializes in.

You heard the man Wink
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should play Vikings of Midgard it's a beautiful game!

JSH357

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltire wrote:
If this gets the OHR exposure, then someone should do it. James, JSH, Fenrir?

Motrya isn't a complete game, so it's not really the time to submit it
msw188

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tales 1 had battle backdrops, I'd consider submitting it. I'm in the middle of editting some of the text (trying to cut down on so much wordiness, after seeing the comments on Tales 2 - I've already done this for Tales 2), and I'll probably be done by the end of the month.

This is a great opportunity, and I hope you continue doing things like this, firstdropshow. The problem is that right now, I don't know of many finished and bugfree RPGs on the OHR. Maybe some of Surlaw's things? I've never played them, so I can't say. Vikings is most decidedly NOT bugfree, and still has plenty of grammatical issues too. What about Sword of Jade, or one of Orchard's games? I've never played any of these, but I believe they were completed.

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
firstdropshow

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play these games you speak of but the developer has to contact me about it or else I will not be able to set up the spotlight for the game Sad...

If any of you can complete the games you wish to submit before May 31st I'll gladly take it in. And remember though, even if you might not get a spotlight article for your game at the end of June you will get an Honorable Mention Happy
Voltire
Yep.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JSH: Yeah, you're right. It's still pretty great in it's incomplete state, though.
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi firstdropshow,

If not for the fact that all of my games have at least one ripped commercial track portrayed somewhere in the credits, a la Hollywood (for dramatic effect, of course), I'd consider this. But what I did want to tell you is that last year I started a contest called Heart of the OHR, which focuses on making RPGs, and is designed to showcase the engine in its original glory. It had a wide turnout, and I thought you might like to know that we're doing it again in the summer of 2012. If you do another spotlight next year, you may want to stop by and see what people are making for Heart of the OHR 2012, as you are likely to see a wider turnout of completed games, and games that reflect this community the best. It may also benefit the engine and this community's popularity among your readers if they know that such a contest is happening. It may inspire outsiders to check us out. It may also help to know that Heart of the OHR has the largest cache of prizes of any other contest here. Last year, this site's owner gave out free T-shirts to all the contestants, the engine's main developer gave out a cash prize, and we also had an entry prize that allowed authors to suggest one prioritized engine feature or bugfix per entrant. Since contests typically evolve, I suspect the prizes in 2012 will be even better. It's something you may want to mark on your calendar if you decide to do another piece on us next summer. It'll start on June 1, 2012. Thanks for offering your services. Hopefully some of us have something to show you in the meantime.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all OHRRPGCE games but those finished Indie games I'd consider in need of being brought to attention:
Boundless Ocean
Missing
Bloodlust
Whisper of a Rose
Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to this website's article on Jame Paige's StegaVorto
firstdropshow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Spoon Weaver, his game, Slimes, has been given a spotlight article as well Wink
@Pepsi Ranger I will definitely make note of that, thank you Big grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: