Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Chronoboy Adventures - GPL version release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Chronoboy Adventures - GPL version release Reply with quote

Hello all!

My original plans before the Heart of OHR contest were to release my game under the GPL license after the contest was over, in spirit of the Linux community. The music and graphics are not released under the GPL, my original graphics are not re-distributable, and the music and graphics from Origin Systems are under their license. However, their company has been long gone for many years.

Feel free to use the plotscripts as examples for your own creations. If you download this file from the LimeLight network too early, you will need to enter in ohrdevel as the password when prompted. Within 24 hours of this post, the new version will be available which will be passwordless.

http://c0021588.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/chronoboy.zip

This is in no way how any OHR game should be made, and is a rather bad example to follow. However, there are many advanced plotscript functions which I made that might be useful.

Enjoy and remember, if you use any plotscripts in this RPG, your game will also have to be released under the GPL as well, or at least your plotscripts.

The plotscripts are neatly organized into separate files for each location/event in the game for easier viewing.

I will only monitor this post for any questions anybody might have towards any of the plotscripts in my RPG file. This RPG was built using the ypsiliform+2 release. In the next version, slices can be used in place for many routines I customarily made, namely the door scripts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: