Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Make my game for me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Waldo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Make my game for me. Reply with quote

Behold, all I want is stated in the title already. This is part avant-garde social experimentation, and part morbid curiosity. I am a long time user of both the OHR, and of all the various forums and communities (some of you will already know me, and remember me from O:OHR), and I'm choosing to work anonymously.

The nature of this idea is experimental (as is the nature of the organizing, and my role in the project), but I want to develop a project that redefines what can be expected in gameplay, and seeks to blur the lines between the different multi-medias. It's multi-disciplinary.

I propose that I will work on the in-game dialog and text, and I will contribute to the art and compositions. What I seek thus, is:
Graphics artist - an experienced and keen pixilator, who is fearless and versatile.
Map Designer - someone with an eye for designing complex and unusual map designs
Plotscripter - an experienced plotscripter, prepared to code mostly mini-gameesque/puzzel and gameplay related scripts.
Engineer - Do you know how to put together a game using the OHR? Good, 'cause I sure as hell don't! I've been away from making games for too long.

People always bitch for not giving any details for what the game is about, so I guess I best give a brief heads up:
The ideas explored will be cognition, memory, identity, sanity, reality and paranoia. It'll probably not be so PG-13.

Don't be alarmed when I say "make my game for me", I'm not actually THAT lazy.

Thanks cuz,

G.W
Voltire
Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always in to helping with graphics! I have no limits!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Make my game for me. Reply with quote

Green Waldo wrote:

Graphics artist - an experienced and keen pixilator, who is fearless and versatile.

I'm the opposite of that in every way. I'm not versatile; I can draw basically three characters and two or three inanimate objects. I'm not fearless; I use petting zoo people because furries are easier to draw. And I have no experience at getting drunk; I failed miserably on my 21st birthday, because booze tastes horrible.

Quote:
Engineer - Do you know how to put together a game using the OHR? Good, 'cause I sure as hell don't! I've been away from making games for too long.

As long as it doesn't call for slices or plotscripts, I basically know what to do. Most of these things aren't that hard, really.

I'll get back to you once I'm done evaluating games for the best of 2010 voting thread.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Green Waldo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contributors please!
Green Waldo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gasp! More content!

Green Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game now has even more content. The further advancing of the project will now require additional help from others, so the plea for contributors goes on.
Green Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introducing the tier system. All maps in the game (except for special exceptions) will be playable in 3 forms. To progress through the game, the player will need to move between these 3 forms to combat certain monsters, or achieve certain tasks.

(I still desperately need help with contributors, especially graphics! Please help if you can.)
B.Greco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Ill tileset for you Reply with quote

Ill tileset for you, since that seem to be my strength, just pm or email me what you need. i can do weapons to. I got mad graphical skillz
Voltire
Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ill tileset for you Reply with quote

B.Greco wrote:
I got mad graphical skillz

Errm, proof, please?
B.Greco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: mad skillz Reply with quote

drew this avatar in like 5 mins in ms paint
B.Greco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: MAd skills, part duex Reply with quote

also my deviantart
http://aeschylus2.deviantart.com/
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND ur on IMVU. Haven;t been on there in a while. You can do great graphics, though.
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: