Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Tim-Tim's Tower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Tim-Tim's Tower Reply with quote

I released a new game!

In this game you play the role of Tim-Tim "The Mighty Gnome". He needs to reach the top of his tower in order to achieve victory. But alas, this trial is tough and he'll need you help to guide himself safely to the top.

Controls:

[The arrow keys] Control your menu selections

[Space bar] Uses Tim-Tim's Knife.

[ESC] can be used while playing to both leave menus and to bring up the main menu. (In the main menu you will find an option for volume control, an option to shop at a store, and an option to exit.)

[A,S,D,F] All use various spells that Tim-Tim can learn.

Find it here!

Please leave feedback, comments, report bugs, or other things here.
Nepenthe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a few levels, and it's a lot of fun!

My only gripe so far is that the snakey things and the bats don't seem to have any hit detection with each other. They tend to stack up making it really difficult to tell how many hits it's going to take to kill them.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that's not caused by their stacking.
As you increase in levels or perhaps if you try to go and melee a fire lizard (Steve) in the first location, you'll notice that it takes more than 1 hit to kill things SOMETIMES. Despite the lack of colored numbers showing up over the monsters during combat, there are hitpoints being deducted.
When things stack, they all get hit at once normally ( I'm still testing on stacks over 10 ) You'll notice this if you see 3 snakes stack up and go and hit it. It won't take 3 hits. Of course this system is a bit buggy and several things have been found already concerning this. All of them were fixed, but I'm not going to sit here and say there aren't any bugs left.

Anyways, Thanks for playing. As advise, I'd suggest assuming that everything is going to take more than 1 hit. They will in the later levels.
Nepenthe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... well in that case I've had snakes take well over three hits. Might be something else going on.

I did play some more after I posted, and quickly got into the habit of backing away from everything after I attacked. Makes things much more manageable. It might still be nice if they didn't stack though. Imagine a wall of snakes coming at you, all jostling for position... but it's still fun as-is, so whatever.

Also, those giant slimes are terrifying.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers!?!?? Oh noes..

To back up a bit, apparently the layers are only being seen up to 3. So if there are 4 snakes stacked than the ones below don't get hit. I had a test case where there was a stack of 20 snakes. It took quite a few hits...
I'll work on this.
I've been getting alot of comments on the bad snake AI ( and therefore the AI for a lot of the other monsters. god I'm lazy ) So I'm going to tweak it a bit. Hopefully, this will make things more enjoyable.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the knife knocked enemies back a little.

Mind you, I am not asking to be able to stand still and hack madly as the snakes charge into me, but.... no, yeah, I guess that IS what I want. Sorry :)
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOO Disintegrate spell does nothing! Spoony, how will I ever forgive you?

Aside from the glaring error in the game that is 200 gold wasted, I also noticed barrels sometimes stacked, once snakes came at me from outside a wall (they passed through it), and the NPCs aren't paused when you're examining a spell description.

Kudos on the random map generator! The game is fun, but seriously could do with more variety. The original Tim-Tim was fun to explore. Creating randomly generated levels that are fun to explore is a very hard task, however.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disintegrate did nothing?!

Time for an emergency Update. It'll be done asap.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated: 10/03/2010

-Unstacked snakes
-Disentigrate Spell now available for real
-Monsters Drop gold
-Knife misses less
-Fixed saving/menu problems
-controls posted when starting a new game
-enemies start under/next to you less
RogerBlake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just have fun through 3 level, so far it's easy yet effective, the idea of buying spell in a straight line as you build your way through the game connect to explore the levels for gold, it's a good adding. Still, some little things could get maddening on the long run:

- some lag on scrolling (it don't feel smooth)
- you could respawn on a monster after you died.
- two ennemy (particularly the ones who follow you) can get on the same spot, making them hard to spot, and hard to kill.
- enemy stay stuck on the wall sometimes
- mismatch between the list of spell and the explanation when you select on spell (i have this on magic pellet)
- couldn't buy health pellet

or else, it's quite fun to play, good job.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Um.. I think I forgot to update the version on castle paradox.
Oops..
I'll update it very soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: