Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

BETA TESTERS Wanted for my Heart of OHR game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: BETA TESTERS Wanted for my Heart of OHR game Reply with quote

I will be looking for beta testers for this weekend or even sooner than that for my Chronoboy Adventures game. I would prefer the testers not be part of the Heart of OHR contest, as this game is in direct competition with those people(it wouldn't be right).

If your curious, please read up on the game first to prepare yourself for what you will be testing out. This will be an exclusive for beta testers only, and the download link will not be displayed to the general public. You can however post screenshots(as long as it is not a spoiler) and share information on the forums(as long as it is not a spoiler). This beta release of the game will contain the initial story elements and main character cast.

This will be the main thread for sharing information about the beta test, issues related directly to the storyline should be PM'd me to instead.

The beta testers would be expected to test out a series of game mechanics which are controlled by plotscripts(obviously) and obverse for glitches and bugs which need to be squashed.

For participating as a beta tester, for the final release game, keep your SAV file intact from the beta test to access some exclusive material in the game, including earlier access to a Debug menu and Debug shop. These do not include access to the Debug keys, which you will have complete access to during the beta test to assist you.

For those who do not participate in the beta test, these exclusives can be unlocked during regular gameplay(however they won't be easy to obtain).

Anybody interested in this feat, please post a reply in this thread. For game info and access to the staging demo, visit the link in my signature. Bugs in the staging demo have been ironed out for the beta release. Happy

UPDATE: I am very happy to say that the beta version will be ready for Saturday morning, if development keeps up at this same pace. At the moment, I am working through the Karma system and story branching. This is for the first story branch in the game, so far it is working rather well and can't wait to see it when completed. After the beta version has been tested, I will put out an official demo for the Heart of OHR, then after a final release for the Heart of OHR.

A heads up for anybody going to play the game, the story like it's graphics are rather dark at times. Although, in some situations, this is controllable by a player choice and a Karma change... Basically, if you act a saint in the game, the game won't be all that dark and grim. Big grin Be a total jerk to your fellow NPC, and well... You had it coming. I will reveal more about this game mechanic when I release the official demo and a short walkthrough to demonstrate how diverse the game can be at times.

Now available on Youtube, Chronoboy Adventures story teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpItfxp3nG8

Now available on Youtube, Chronoboy Adventures official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tevWlgVw5MQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: