Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A REALLY Great Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DO WE NEEDING!?
HECK, YES!!
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
NO, YOUR BLUENESS!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: A REALLY Great Idea Reply with quote

A GAME PLAYER WEB PLUGIN!!!!! EXCELENT IDEA, AIN'T IT!? What?!?! What?!?! What?!?! I'm thinking like some xml and embeding, and you could preveiw the game right in your browser... for saving... idk... cookies or something? good idea, no?
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fairly reasonable idea, and it has infact been suggested before I'm not sure if it ever happened though.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The approach GMArcade used does work, and there are a few OHR games in their list. The catch is that you have to allow Java to run freely on that site, which is not too great from a security point of view.

Teeemcee is planning a FreeBasic-to-C++ translator, which will give us a lot more portability than we have now. We have talked about trying to use Adobe Flex to translate the C++ translation into a Flash version, but that is a lot of translation, so that option should only currently be considered a Pie-In-The-Sky idea, not a real plan.
Baconlabs
PURPLE IS MANLY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Game Maker Arcade indeed.
I hated that system, it was tedious and, for me, buggy.
And it requires a brand new plugin that you have to download and I hate it when that happens, I much prefer downloading the actual games.

If the OHRRPGCE ever gets a ton of traffic in the future it might be helpful so that people can quickly root out the good games from the bad, but isn't that what reviews are for? Go write some reviews!
AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if the c++ thing works out, my school might have flex... and I might be able to figger it out...
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online games...that'd be fun. Just what my website needs...a good RPG! >_< All we need then is networking capabilities / multiplayer.

If the development team could create a webApp whereby it calls the .rpg it'd still be a great idea and I don't think it would require too much coding, after all if you've all ready compiled the game... (do we have the capability to make standalone executables?)

Campaigning for Linux! Down with Win.exe!

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/204202899;jsessionid=ZZW53CEQVGGRTQE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN?queryText=C%2B%2B+plugin

That is how to make a plugin framework for C++
tl;dr
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJHunter wrote:
http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/204202899;jsessionid=ZZW53CEQVGGRTQE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN?queryText=C%2B%2B+plugin

That is how to make a plugin framework for C++
tl;dr

That article is not talking about web browser plugins, it is talking about program module plugins. We actually already have a framework somewhat similar to that for the gfx and music backends.

It wouldn't help us get the OHR running in flash.

The only plan I know for that right now is a conversion of

FreeBasic -> C++ -> Adobe Flex

But both of those transitions are rather tricky, and we are still a pretty long way away from even trying it.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash is the past, HTML5 is the future, as you will agree after seeing Quake II ported to HTML5+WebGL!
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash is also not very cross compatible. (Tediously annoying). Yet I'm not sure it's the way of the future. After all, few products that have come out of w3c actually gain enough momentum before they're taking over by a better product.

I'm honestly surprised Google hasn't taken more of an interest in this product. Even if one of their developers started it off.

One to watch I suppose but I have my doubts.

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Flash is the past, HTML5 is the future, as you will agree after seeing Quake II ported to HTML5+WebGL!

I followed the link and try to find a place to click and play it. I couldn't find one. Then I read that the only browser that supports it is Chromium...

Maybe HTML5 will be the future, but Flash is the present. [in the context of web-games]
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safari is supported as well. As usual, Firefox is lagging behind Webkit: it apparently supports everything required in theory, but its support is currently too buggy.

There is no public server to play it because you need to run a modified dedicated Quake 2 server which streams all the data files to your browser, a bit bandwidth intensive.

Anyhow, I was never really interested in Flash to begin with, but I am interested in Javascript :)
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...javascript What?!?! *RUN*

Tis what I normally do when I encounter that particular language. They tried to introduce it to me while learning about web development. Only thing was, every browser (then) turned it off by default. >_< Even then Mozilla labelled it as a security issue.

J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!

What?!?!

Awesome idea. How can I help? I suck at programming. Big grin
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greenwado
Well, it's just me, what did you expect?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or what we could do is have a section in the games page that says "download demo" and we all just make a demo version of the game that downloads in a couple seconds.

THE EASY WAY!!! Ha ha ha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: